Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750w PSU $69.99 after MIR Newegg

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
I gave you a thumbs-up, but .... weren't these cheaper back around BF 2018?
PSU pricing bottomed out during the 4th quarter last year (my guess was the biggest reason was overproduction due to the mining boom / bust), but since then PSU pricing has been steadily increasing. Another factor in the increased pricing are the Chinese tariffs, which Seasonic mentioned was one of the reasons they were increasing their pricing at the beginning of the year. This price with MIR matches the lowest it's been since then ($69.99).

Here is a rough price track of this unit: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/64cMnQ/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-750fx

5.jpg

Feb 4, 2009
Real tempted. What do you guys think about using this for one of the new Ryzen chips (maybe the 12/24 core one)

Edit: using seasonic's calculator assuming the new ryzen chips use approximately the same power as the current ryzen chips and I go big on everything I'll need around 650 watts.
Not sure if its worth the $50 savings over an 850 watt unit.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I jumped on one of these to replace the CWT PSU in my new IBuyPower rig. I seem to remember CWT building some decent psu's once upon a time, but I also seem to remember them building the OEM psu's in Dells and a few other PC's. Just not willing to take the chance.

Oh...and a thumbsup to UsandThem for posting the link.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsandThem

ASK THE COMMUNITY