Question Seasonic 1300w prime gold fan spinning at idle

Vigs

Sep 5, 2021
Purchased a Seasonic PRIME 1300W gold PSU recently for my system (Ryzen 9 5900, msi tomahawk x570 ,rtx 3080 suprim x), intending to take advantage of the hybrid mode for silence at idle/low load. However, when the PSU is placed in hybrid mode the fan spins up every 10minutes or so for about 5-7 minutes when the system is idling creating a rather disruptive experience, given the rest of the system is effectively silent,case is lian li 011 dynamic,what i have notice that in the box was only 1x8pin cable (8 wires) and 6x 6+2 pcie cables with 6 wires,my last gx 1000w from seasonic has pcie 3x8pin 8 wires,i used that 2 pcie 6+2 cables for the gpu,could that cause the fan spinning in idle because of some issue with the power on pcis slots

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
The fan will spin up occasionally even in hybrid mode. Every Prime PSU I've had has done this. It is very loud and noticable.

I simply stopped using hybrid mode altogether.

I miss how good the hybrid mode on my old seasonic platinum PSU was.

Vigs

Sep 5, 2021
Was using gx 1000 gold few days ago (not prime) and there was no fans spinning at all in hybrid mode,im using lian li pc 011d case,should my psu fan position must be towards right panel as a intake,or i should swap sides so fan wil be toward mobo?

Vigs

Sep 5, 2021
Its fine,prime gold psu-s from Seasonic are problematic,it seems that fun curve is set to very low temp,i just swap from prime to regular gx and problem is gonne.