Sean Spicer excluding media outlets from briefing (NYT, CNN, WAPO, Politico)

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Your need to force this equivalence stems from what?

Both presidents attack the press and the idea that we went from a president that was for freedom of the press to one that isn't is false. That doesn't make what Trump did right and I've never said that it was.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Both presidents attack the press and the idea that we went from a president that was for freedom of the press to one that isn't is false. That doesn't make what Trump did right and I've never said that it was.
I note that you haven't.

Do you think there have been any positives from the Trump Admin press strategy thus far?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Are you fucking kidding me..

I clicked on the first link and one of the on the front page (the one about) waterboarding was factually inaccurate.

My guess is some people have an issue with separating facts from opinion.

I didn't think you'd actually read the articles. Yeah, most people do, yourself included.

Blindly believing politifact, or really anything else these days, isn't very smart. There are countless other links and articles that show why politifact can be and have beenbias, and the error in how they rate things. Feel free to educate yourself. Or don't, your choice.

I am not saying everything that politifact says is wrong, just that there is certainly plausible reasons to doubt them, and to check them as well. I read several sources of news, CNN, Fox, MSN, Washington Post, etc. I don't believe anything any of them say without cross referencing them against each other and taking into account who their author and sources are. This election and aftermath have forever changed the media to be, and their credibility. Don't take my doubts about this particular Politifact article you quotes as me defending Fox. I don't think I have every talked highly of them here. In fact I think the last time I spoke of them, I said "they suck". Just pointing out the holes in the article you linked and quoted.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Illusion: That "this election has forever changed the media".

I agree with these assessments who find that the "hated lefty media" did indeed predict the outcome of the elections, that MORE people voted for HRC than for Trump...it was also obvious from polls that in the last month(s) or so to election day it will become tight.

Saying, the media was not THAT wrong as some people claim when it comes to these elections.

Also, as to my knowledge, not much has "changed", whatsoever. Infowars/Breitbart etc. are STILL nutter sites...and CNN whatever are still "left leaning", whatever this means.

WHAT has changed is that an orange idiot keeps spouting "fake news", but this is just YET ANOTHER lame attempt of a sociopath to create an alternate reality which fits him. If you agree that so much has changed, then you simply fell into the trap of being manipulated by this serial psycho/liar.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Hardly. Both sides have ran with shitty "news". I don't think everything is fake, and I for sure don't believe everything Trump has said. The fact is there has been fake news, people have lost their jobs because of it. I also didn't say that the media has lost credibility to be because of only fake news, and I don't think it happens as often as made out to be. It is mostly because it has showed their complete bias. Over the last year and a half, so many news outlets have shown their true colors more than before. News is more accessible than before, being everywhere at our fingertips. I am not claiming this sort of behavior didn't go on in the past, it's easier to see now. If you haven't noticed this, then I could turn your argument against you about being manipulated. With the claim that there is no fake news and the media isn't bias. I wasn't in America during the last election to compare, I didn't have much internet either. I don't think having a healthy skepticism is a bad thing, or cross referencing to other outlet.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
You're still brushing it under the rug though. Obama went after the press for their sources to get at leaks all the time, look into his use of the Espionage Act. It's not just being a bit too sensitive, and it's not just about Fox News.

Obama is a centrist. Maybe one of these days some conservatives will figure out what that implies.