Sean Spicer excluding media outlets from briefing (NYT, CNN, WAPO, Politico)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
While letting conservative ones in...

AP and Time boycott attending as a result.

xWWa1W9.png

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Senior sources say spicer wanted cnn, NYT et al. to get on their knees and give off the record blowies.

Thank god they stood up to these tyrants.

Reactions: JimKiler and Ns1

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
This will quickly become the norm if the press does not now band together and demand equal and fair access by all. I have faith that the media will fight this off the right way (mass boycott).

Reactions: JimKiler and Ns1

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
When are they starting Trump TV? 24 hour coverage of reporters licking DT and his staff's balls!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I was thinking awhile ago that if I was an editor I might decide to never mention Trump by name in my paper. The devil can't tolerate mockery and Trump can't stand to be ignored.

Reactions: JimKiler

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So they're keeping fake news outlets out. Why is that a problem?

I don't recall your concern when obummer shunned Fox and tried to exclude fox from things. Guess it's only a problem when lefty fake news organizations are targeted rather than conservative news organizations.

Reactions: paperfist

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I was thinking awhile ago that if I was an editor I might decide to never mention Trump by name in my paper. The devil can't tolerate mockery and Trump can't stand to be ignored.

I think you're forgetting the reason for their coverage of Trump. They're not doing it because they like him, support him or want to cover him. They despise him, but they realize coverage of him drives ratings. Pure and simple, they have no choice in the matter.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Cowards gonna coward. I have a hard time seeing the rationale to this. The obvious is that they want to slowly erode freedom of speech and have a sort of state news narrative, where only Trump testicle bearing news outlets have access and do nothing but promote Trump's bullshit without question. But, I question how effective this will be against people who are open to information from all sources, particularly those who did not vote for him.

Trump fanatics will support him no matter what. At this point he can obviously say any lie and they will distort their reality to accommodate it. He's already programmed them. These people are already willing to surrender democracy if he wants to go that far. But, I think his non supporters will never get there, they despise him and that is the majority of people as well, at least in lack of support, despising him is up for debate.

Really just another example of just how incompetent and inept the Trump administration is, as well as how incredibly insecure and weak Trump is that he would have a stunt like this pulled because he's getting destroyed by the revelations of the association with Russia.

Reactions: xthetenth
Jan 25, 2011
This will quickly become the norm if the press does not now band together and demand equal and fair access by all. I have faith that the media will fight this off the right way (mass boycott).
As long as right wing media exists(using the term loosely, they have included blogs in that list) then nothing will happen. They want no dissent. No question.

Again, you guys are fucked.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Cowards gonna coward.

You mean like the obummer white house tried to do to fox when they didn't like that fox wasn't part of their propaganda machine? :D

Trump fanatics will support him no matter what. At this point he can obviously say any lie and they will distort their reality to accommodate it.

Just like the delusional lefties will hate him no matter what. He could announce that he had found a cure for cancer and that he'd give it away for free and the press would lament all the medical field workers who would be put out of work by evil Trump :D

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004

I don't recall your concern when obummer shunned Fox and tried to exclude fox from things. Guess it's only a problem when lefty fake news organizations are targeted rather than conservative news organizations.
So you are claiming that Breitbart is more reliable than CNN?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Fox News seems to think this is a problem too...

I1ilRMi.png

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

When obummer tried to do the same thing to fox, other networks / news organizations did in fact at that point band together and said they would not stand for fox getting excluded and they forced the white house to back down.

I'm sure you were equally outraged when obummer was doing it to fox?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So you are claiming that Breitbart is more reliable than CNN?

They are pretty much both fake news at this point, neither can be trusted and both have a political agenda. Only one is open about its agenda.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
You mean like the obummer white house tried to do to fox when they didn't like that fox wasn't part of their propaganda machine? :D

Just like the delusional lefties will hate him no matter what. He could announce that he had found a cure for cancer and that he'd give it away for free and the press would lament all the medical field workers who would be put out of work by evil Trump :D

See said poster here as an example. There is this minority support base that will accept anything and simply change their world view to fit Trump's lies, as well as perform mental gymnastics of the sort that dislocate themselves to try and defend him. So doing this does nothing to further Trump's need to suppress the information coming out about the ties to Russia and that Trump was Putin's choice for POTUS with this group.

But I don't see it having an effect on the majority that is not in support of Trump, actually quite the opposite, because it is a further demonstration of how weak and corrupt he is. This is just giving more ammunition to launch at him, highlighting how he is a traitor to the idea of a free press and makes it look like there is even more they are continuing to try and hide in this weak attempt to shape the narrative. This is classic insecure, weak and angry Trump behaviour.

Reactions: xthetenth

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Fox News seems to think this is a problem too...

I1ilRMi.png

That was my point. obummer did the exact same thing earlier, and the other news organizations banded together to not tolerate. I didn't hear any outcry from the lefties about tyranny, destruction of free press and all that drivel then. When Trump does it, oh boy, that's different because.... reasons. ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When obummer tried to do the same thing to fox, other networks / news organizations did in fact at that point band together and said they would not stand for fox getting excluded and they forced the white house to back down.

I'm sure you were equally outraged when obummer was doing it to fox?

but but but but Obama!

do you ever get tired of being a whiny little snowflake?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Holy sh*t you are a f*cking idiot.

That isn't hyperbole.

I always take that as a compliment coming from terminally stupid people. Thanks!

Can you link me up to your posts of outrage when obummer was doing the same thing?