Seagate 500GB SATA internal $59.99AR CC B&M

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jkresh

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
picked up two at my local CC, last two sata though they did have a bunch of pata

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Damn, my close store was out of SATA. Will have to wait another day and head across town where they still have them. Given the huge $IR being shown along with the MIR, not surprised the system has this pricing error for some.

LeeM

Feb 23, 2000
Picked up 2 at the ATL perimeter store. shelf tag 99-40rebate. sending 1 rebate to brother.

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
Weird my weekly CC circular in the newspaper says $119 after $50 instant savings and $40 rebate. Why would prices vay store to store? I can't see how anyone would get $99 price unless this was on clearance. I know for sure it's ringing up at $169

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: AMD K9
Weird my weekly CC circular in the newspaper says $119 after $50 instant savings and $40 rebate. Why would prices vay store to store? I can't see how anyone would get $99 price unless this was on clearance. I know for sure it's ringing up at $169

Thats what the online price shows as well. You need to actually go to the store and buy it there or do online in store pick up, you will get it for $99, then just get the rebate from the CC website and send it in. You can also go over to the FW thread and grab the scanned price tag that shows an in store price of $99 with a 40 MIR, just in case they try and deny your rebate.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Checked this morning and it looks like no need to hit the other store after work today as they are all now sold out.

2Dead

Feb 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Pwntcomputer
According to someone on FW a minimum purchase price is applicable. Said min purchase price is 127 according to the rebate center. YMMV for sure on this. I think I'll fill up my 300Gb first and get solid state in a year :)

Link? I don't see that on the rebate form.

edit. nevermind, I went over to fw.

Jun 20, 2005
Do these drives still have the obnoxiously loud read & seek levels? The 7200.7 PATA drive I have is quiet as a mouse in comparison.

Don't absolutely need another drive but $60 for 500GB is hard to pass up...

Paolo

May 3, 2000
Check your local stores again ! I checked my local CC last evening (Santa Rosa, CA), and they had none (the clerk claimed "we've never had this item"). Likewise pretty much sold out in my and neighboring counties by checking online. So on a lark I strolled into my local store again this morning and, bang!, there were now 2 possibly 3 500G SATA drives on the shelf. Grabbed one and (wait for it !) it rang up for $99.99 ! So keep on the lookout .:thumbsup: By the way, the drive is a 7200.10.

MikeNox

May 21, 2002
Picked up one for myself, and called a neighbor to grab a second. There was still one left in Orland Park, Illinois.

Both are 7200.10.

Great find!!!:thumbsup:

Steven the Leech

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I got one too listed for 119, and rang up for 99.- 0% financing for 3 months or something like that too. Thanks OP. SATA 7200.10

FreedomGUNDAM

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2006
thanks for the information. I picked one up at my Circuit City for $99 plus tax.

The timing was perfect, I was looking for a larger drive. My 320GB Seagate was getting full

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
I actually went to the CC today as I tried calling yesterday (so I wouldn't waste a trip) but the idiots never answered the phone in the computer dept. I get there and there are no 500GB on the shelf. I go walking around looking for a guy in a red shirt (none to be found). I go up to the cash register and ask him and he tells me someone will be there in the computer dept. I get there and the one guy is helping a couple out and they are asking him the stupidest questions like "Oh.... I didn't know that the mouse can move the cursor... tell me more Mr Circuit City Expert..." That went on foir 10 minutes before I blurt out if there is more than one salesperson in the computer dept. He directs me to another guy talking to a customer. I impatiently finally get to ask him about the drive in question. He tells me to take the ticket from the empty slot up to the register. I do that and talk again to the same drug indiced cashier (no kidding this guy looks like the white guy on that half baked movie, only possibly more fried out). He looks at the ticket and asks what I want. I tell him I want to find out if it is in stock and why the price is $169 and not $99 like other people are getting. He scanned it and sure enough it shows up as $169. He said they had 5 but he goes away for 5 minutes and comnes back with something called MY BOOK an external Seagate drive. I told him the ticket says 500gb internal drive. He goes back for another 10 minutes comes back with a 500GB PATA drive and says, "is this what you are talking about?" He shows me the ticket of $99 - $40 rebate, so that part was correct, but I told him it's supposed to be the SATA version for that price. Strange thing is online it shows it in stock (SATA version).

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
also how are people doing the pick up in store? I am trying to do that and it seems you have to pay for it online. I don't want to start out over paying and hoping these knuckleheads reimburse me properly. It's showing up in my cart at $169 + $3 for shipping and $13.33 tax!!! Im afraid if I wait it will be sold out, as the store I went to today, online now it says out of stock. This is one town away and Im sure by tomorrow it will be gone.

I can see me trying to get the difference of what I paid online to get to $99. They will deduct the price but not adjust the tax or shipping, or take off $40 and say well we just saved you $40 thats pretty good huh? When I should be saving closer to $83

datacomm

Mar 30, 2005
Huuura!

Just got back from Batavia IL(Shining jewel city-in-the-sun!) where I spied a shelf full of PATA drives and one sweet little SATA.

Shelf prices were the higher prices discussed in this thread. PATA is higher priced but SATA was at this $99 price when I asked the guy in computers to scan it and, while the rebate did not print out with the reciept, I'm hopeful for another $40 in savings in the very near future.

Don't know what computer glitch or Windows "feature" caused this little situation but it was offered @ $99 with a rebate and I humbly accept the offer to sell with my offer to buy.

The guys in the store were friendly and helpful.

Even w/o the rebate...sweet!

Thanks, OP!

Life, ladies and gentlemen, is good.

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
Are these the boxes with the blue stripe along the bottom, or the yellow and white boxes?

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
I paid for one online and called to make sure they had them in stock and it is the SATA version so all is well. I did pay the full $169 price plus $10 something tax. Now not only do I hope I get the $40 rebate but they price adjust this to what it is supposed to ring up as $99. I will bring the fatwallet price scan to show proof as to what it is supposed to ring up as and I hopefully I won't have any problems. Thanks OP, glad I could get in on one. Will make a nice companion to my 400gb Seagate 7200.10

maximusfarticus

Jul 7, 2004
A store 10 minutes away is reporting it as instock online. I'll do what AMD K9 did and call them when they open in an hour.