Seabiscuit... Why do so many people like it?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
44,303
15
81
I haven't seen it. But I don't particularly like Tobey Maguire and I *certainly* don't like Jeff Bridges, so I'll probably never bother to see it..
 

thraxes

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2000
1,974
0
0
I'm with you Wingznut, that movie was just plain BOOOORING. Now I like a good original drama but that lame horse of a movie was just so predictable it really just makes one wonder if there is such a thing as "ScriptMaker XP"

- build your own hollywood script like a pro, click and drag prefabricated story elements to the timeline to create your own "unique" hollywood blockbuster. ScriptMakers new XP edition now has an even wider range of lead characters, including a horse!!! Other movies made with Scriptmaker XP include: Fast and Furious 1&2 (with rice car add-on pack), Torque (rice bike addon pack), Freaky Friday and many others!! Get your copy of the software Hollywood execs trust to make a buck, now!!-

Seriously I really do wonder sometimes if there is such a program.
 

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
6,878
0
0
I liked it. But I like horses a lot also. :p

Don't know why it was nominated for all those awards though. Good, but no way THAT good.
 

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
16,968
2
0
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
I liked it. But I like horses a lot also. :p

Don't know why it was nominated for all those awards though. Good, but no way THAT good.
When I was younger, my family owned race horses... So, I completely expected to like this movie.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

 

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
23,168
0
71
Originally posted by: thraxes
I'm with you Wingznut, that movie was just plain BOOOORING. Now I like a good original drama but that lame horse of a movie was just so predictable it really just makes one wonder if there is such a thing as "ScriptMaker XP"

- build your own hollywood script like a pro, click and drag prefabricated story elements to the timeline to create your own "unique" hollywood blockbuster. ScriptMakers new XP edition now has an even wider range of lead characters, including a horse!!! Other movies made with Scriptmaker XP include: Fast and Furious 1&2 (with rice car add-on pack), Torque (rice bike addon pack), Freaky Friday and many others!! Get your copy of the software Hollywood execs trust to make a buck, now!!-

Seriously I really do wonder sometimes if there is such a program.

it was after all a true movie, did you expect a surprise ending??

 

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
3,651
0
0
Probably because it was based on a true story....it made me feel good when it was over! Skoorb said the same. We both enjoyed it.
 

new2AMD

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
5,312
0
0
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
Probably because it was based on a true story....it made me feel good when it was over! Skoorb said the same. We both enjoyed it.

I really liked it. I love horse racing so I dont know if that had anything to do with my liking it. As far as Tobey, I was never a fan of his but I thought he did a great job and Chris Cooper is amazing in just about everything he does. Its an era picture set in the 30's so its a dialogue film. Most people nowadays get bored by those films. They need action and violence. I never read the book but the book is supposed to be real real good.
 

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
8,758
43
91
Because it was good with onions and a rice pilaf?





BTW, what the heck is a pilaf?