SCUM - Survival game

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I've played close to 10 hours this week and I'm enjoying it. I think it is a steal for $19.99.

With Croteam (Talos Principle/Serious Sam) developing it and Devolver as the publisher, I think the sky is the limit. It has the potential to deliver the survival game that a lot of people have wanted since Arma 2 DayZ mod.

I love the giant Mechs that patrol the high value loot locations.

My only complaint so far has been related to the menu/crafting UI. I'm sure that will get tweaked and improved during early access.

It looks absolutely stunning with all of the graphics cranked up.

oXH2DaZ.jpg

UcCb3X9.jpg

Reactions: KMFJD

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I watched DevildogGamer's recent video of SCUM but wasn't very impressed, beyond that it looked super detailed. It was just really boring, but I suppose that's not a fair look at the game from just one gameplay video. I guess if you're really into these survival games then it might be worth checking out, but I found I wasn't interested.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It felt like a DayZ that worked from the hour or 2 that i played

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
DayZ has a certain intensity to looting due to scarcity I think (at least from way back when). SCUM feels a little dry because looting up isn't terribly difficult and you can rush high value areas fairly easily, but that might partly just be an evolution of attitudes in survival games... just yolo it for loot and have fun. There's no real point to craft anything beyond a stone knife, spear, and backpack. Game feels pretty nice overall for this early, just kind of boring. I think once a decent base building system is in it could be a winner.