UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I used to sculpt some, not much but I've done it. Paint and ink just aren't doing it for me at the moment, and I have a ton of free time on my hands so I'm thinking about going and picking up a big block of clay tomorrow and see what I can make.

Anybody in here sculpt?

edit:

Okay, now that I think about it I would really learn to work with metal. I know it's not likely, but does anyone on here have any experience making sculptures out of metal or know the process? I'm currently googling but if any of you have links they would be appreciated. If I could make the mold out of clay and then somehow make a metal cast from that is what I'm thinking I dunno, but this is gonna be my next big project.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I once made a kick ass sculpture of the discobolus mixed with some modern art demonstrating movement using sculpture..it was superb.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
UglyCasanova somewhat off topic here. I saw this special about people with brain injuries a few months ago and some guy who was an airplane mechanic and aspiring pilot was hit by the propeller in some freak accident. Although never able to fly again he recovered and suddenly had this gifted talent to do clay sculptures. He did a lot of Native American pieces and they looked very nice and are used in musuems, etc. and sold world wide. He's now making a good deal of money with his newfound talent.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
UglyCasanova somewhat off topic here. I saw this special about people with brain injuries a few months ago and some guy who was an airplane mechanic and aspiring pilot was hit by the propeller in some freak accident. Although never able to fly again he recovered and suddenly had this gifted talent to do clay sculptures. He did a lot of Native American pieces and they looked very nice and are used in musuems, etc. and sold world wide. He's now making a good deal of money with his newfound talent.

:)

Lol. Anywho, I couldn't find any. :( Went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby and neither had any. There aren't really any art stores around here so I wonder how I'm gonna get hold of some.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: UglyCasanova
Originally posted by: PanzerIV

:)

Lol. Anywho, I couldn't find any. :( Went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby and neither had any. There aren't really any art stores around here so I wonder how I'm gonna get hold of some.

I am surprised Michaels doesn't have any. I thought that kind of store catered to all sorts of crafts. See if you have any kind of art supply stores listed in the phone book.