screwed up eBay situation....

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
I'm anticipating my first negative now.

I sold a jacket and the high bidder had a -2 (negative!) feedback record and
my invoice emails sent to him bounced back.

Great, deadbeat bidder I assumed.

So I sold the jacket to the next highest bidder the next day through second chance offer.

Now, five days later, the original bidders Mom emails me asking for my address to send payment.
At first, I thought she was the second bidders Mom.. I sent my info.
Then, I realize it was the first bidders Mom and send an email explaining how I relisted
the item cause I couldn't get in contact with her son.

I'm haven't said anything to the second bidder yet and I'm just going to give the jacket to him.

However, this is a whacked situation..

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Sucks. You should wait couple days before giving it to the next person.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Lager

Normally I wait a week, but I was pissed someone with negative 2 feedbacks bidded (both about not paying, no contact) and
had a bad email address to boot.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Uh, an invalid email address is grounds for NARU status on ebay, just report him. If they find the address bounces they'll pull the plug on him, and he'll be unable to leave a neg.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: deftron
Originally posted by: Lager

Normally I wait a week, but I was pissed someone with negative 2 feedbacks bidded (both about not paying, no contact) and
had a bad email address to boot.

I wouldn't let one negative feedback hurt you. Just leave him a neg. feedback if he does it first. People will trust your evaluation. 99.9% is still good.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Screw the initial bidder. Did your auction indicate anything about payment being required within 3 days of the auction ending? If so, follow your terms. Clearly, the person didn't respond in the right amount of time, so you were worried and moved on. Personally, I would have done the same thing. Sure, having a couple of negative evals doesn't make the person bad. But, people like this are not worth wasting your time on. Move on, relist the item, etc. - and hope that this round of the auction doesn't bring more yahoos out of the woodwork.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
3 days is standard rules on eBay right? By waiting 5 days they are basically have NPB status right? Screw the first guy.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Thanks.

The first buyer is acting like he didn't get my second email explaining the situation...

Said he'd send a money order right away, so I'll probably have to return it.

Just hoping to not get a negative.