Screen flickers in Oblivion - GTX580

kiara

Sep 8, 2010
Help!!

Upgraded to GTX 580 2 days ago. Before this was using HD4870.

However, after the upgrade I noticed the screen flickers in Oblivion (under max setting, 4xAA enabled via control panel, both with and without V-Sync enabled).

But no flickering issue prior to this when i was still using HD4870.

Any idea?? Can't believe it I get this problem considering the GTX500 price tag.

kiara

Sep 8, 2010
Enable Vsync...lol.

I did try enable V-sync (and also disable v-sync). But the flickering is still there. Flickering is noticeable mostly during the in-game day time with HDR effect.

As said earlier, was using the same setting with my previous video card and no flickering issue.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
If you google for "Oblivion flicker", you find a few older posts about it but nothing recent. Perhaps it's an issue that was addressed in a patch that just manifested itself with your new card.

First two things I would check is to make sure you have the latest NVIDIA driver and the latest Oblivion patch: http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads_01.html#oblivpatch

Are you noticing any other issues in games that might indicate a bad card? I haven't had any issues with mine, but I haven't tried Oblivion in it either.

kiara

Sep 8, 2010
If you google for "Oblivion flicker", you find a few older posts about it but nothing recent. Perhaps it's an issue that was addressed in a patch that just manifested itself with your new card.

First two things I would check is to make sure you have the latest NVIDIA driver and the latest Oblivion patch: http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads_01.html#oblivpatch

Are you noticing any other issues in games that might indicate a bad card? I haven't had any issues with mine, but I haven't tried Oblivion in it either.

So far the card works well in other games i tested (Dirt 2, Dawn of War II, Dragon Age). My Oblivion is Steam version so I believe this is patched version.

I will google to see any solution to this. It's just disappointing this happen after upgrading.