Scott Pruitt asked for raises for his 2 favorite cronies. WH denied request. Pruitt used loophole

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Doesn't matter--Pruitt got the phone call from Trump last night and from Kelly this morning. "You're...NOT fired!" They are standing by one of the most corrupt cabinet members in the administration.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Doesn't matter--Pruitt got the phone call from Trump last night and from Kelly this morning. "You're...NOT fired!" They are standing by one of the most corrupt cabinet members in the administration.
Because he is making sure to push their agenda of gutting the EPA.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I need to become a scheduling director for the EPA. 115K\year lawl.
Lawyer is meh. Most senior staff lawyers should make that or more. 107k for chief counsel is pretty low.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If Pruitt ever gets canned it's going to be for making Trump look bad too many times not that he's slime.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I need to become a scheduling director for the EPA. 115K\year lawl.
Lawyer is meh. Most senior staff lawyers should make that or more. 107k for chief counsel is pretty low.

From the lawyers I know the primary benefit of working for the government is that you have a job that approaches a 9-5. You make a lot less money than attorneys in the private sector but you get to have some semblance of a life. I've known a couple of attorneys who worked for big firms and were pulling down close to $400k a year, but that job was around 80 hours a week. At some point that's just not worth it anymore.

Still, 107k for chief counsel seems low. Should be more in the mid 100's.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

how often have we seen this and later they're gone.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
3051.jpg

Seems familiar.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
lol...apparently it's also come out that the dude (lobbyist he decided stuff in favor of) who owned that condo he rented for $50 a night funded his OK ag campaign.

I mean to be so intricately and entirely crooked is kind of impressive.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lol...apparently it's also come out that the dude (lobbyist he decided stuff in favor of) who owned that condo he rented for $50 a night funded his OK ag campaign.

I mean to be so intricately and entirely crooked is kind of impressive.

Is it the same guy that "partnered" with Pruitt to buy that minor league baseball team in OK for a then-record (for minor league team) $11.5 million, then sold in 2015? for an "undisclosed profit"?

...by the way, this purchase, with Pruitt as co-owner, was when Pruitt was earning a $38k per year state salary.

Reactions: Ns1

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Too bad bad he doesn't supply the bests machine guns to drug cartels,right?

So pathetic, but bring Dubya into this if you must. At least that dumbass knew better than to cuddle up to wanna be nazis and kkk.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's been announced one of the employees, Samantha Dravis, has quit.

Sacrificial node time.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The only way Trump can save himself from any more controversy in his administration is to fire himself before he fires anyone else.

The shithead has set the example, the precedent as it were, for how his employees should conduct themselves while in his employ. That he has people working for him who apparently know no bounds where violations of ethics and the level of hubris being thrown about by them should be of no surprise to anyone when considering the fact that that is exactly how Trump conducts himself as it relates to his own job as POTUS.

Trump is in charge of every one of these miscreants who are violating the trust of the people of the nation that they ultimately work for. They are public servants who act as if we the people work for them, that we the people should allow them any measure of corruption and misuse of the people's resources "in order for them to do their jobs". They are milking "the system" (we the people) for everything they can get out of it with the least amount of return in investment the we the people are putting into them.

And Trump is ultimately responsible for every one of them yet he seems to be absolved of any responsibility by his supporters and the Repub controlled Legislature that is charged with holding him responsible for his actions from the moment these jerk offs he hires are exposed and summarily dealt with in the court of public opinion.

Ergo, the free press is all we have left to hold Trump and his lackeys ( who are screaming "Fake news!!! at every turn) accountable for their actions and even this revered Fourth Estate of ours is under siege by Trump and his supporters that wish to silence and take control over it so that the only words we hear are the words these crooked corrupted assholes want us to hear.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More ethics violations by Pruitt

Wanted driver to turn on lights/siren to cut through traffic for his dinner appointment. Driver told him its against the rules and he was fired.

Staying in house of lobbyist for $50/night in with whom he does business. Forced department after the fact to issue report saying rent was appropriate. Department had to walk it back later saying "we didn't have all the facts"

Reassigned/fired people who warned White House about his actions

Flying first class instead of coach like the previous EPA chief. Pruitt had actually looked into leasing private planes.
Pruitt has said that he flies first class when he travels due to the “toxic” political environment — a statement that citizens living in actual toxic communities told ThinkProgress felt like “a slap in the face.”

“I wish that I could get away like that from my situation, but I don’t get a day off from living this nightmare,” Amy Brown, a North Carolina resident who has been forced to drink bottled water for more than 1,000 days due to coal ash contamination, said. Pruitt has recently proposed loosening federal regulations for coal ash disposal, at the behest of industry.