Scot Peterson (Parkland sherrif who didn't engage shooter) opens Gofundme account, it goes badly.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Peterson was subpoenaed to appear to a hearing today, sent his lawyer instead, he's facing wrongful death lawsuits from at least one parent who's child
died in the massacre that day. His account garnered $40 towards a goal of $150K, ouch, then he got blasted with insults as well. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...is-not-going-well_us_5bef1e51e4b0f32bd5898a0a Although he deserves all the crap he's getting, I do not think any wrongful death suit will suceed, it's impossible to say if his intervention would have been effective or timely enough to save a specific life.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
To have the gall to ask for money after he failed tremendously in his duty, a real coward.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Who did he think would give him money? I think this is one cop that is hated by everyone, regardless of where you fall on the love/hate of police spectrum.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Do you not see, how he too....
Peterson, who has been receiving an $8,700 monthly pension

Holy !@#$. NVM, that man is practically rich. He can defend his own !@# in court.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
$8700 a month pension means its gonna be taken by his victims. Let this be a lesson to cops everywhere - you better lay your life down when the time comes.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
$8700 a month pension ? Yawn, I can have mine give me 100k a month when I retire. Wont last long though lol

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
$8700 a month pension means its gonna be taken by his victims. Let this be a lesson to cops everywhere - you better lay your life down when the time comes.
IMHO I doubt any lawsuit would be successful, was he derelict in his duty?, yup, but then again he could have been shot by the madman and made no difference, practically impossible to predict the outcome here. In the most recent shooting in CA, a CHP officer tried to adress the ongoing attack and was killed by the gunman. Peterson was clearly thinking "hmm, I'm a few months away from a sweet pension, no way I risk my ass here". Thing was, it was his duty to risk his ass.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That seems very unlikely. I'd be willing to bet he'll be able to find a department policy that will show that he shouldn't have entered the building.
Obviously, I think he should have gone in, and I'd like to believe that I would have, but sitting in a comfortable chair and talking about is a whole world away from actually facing a shooter.
If he's any kind of man at all he probably deeply regrets not trading his life for the life of a child.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That seems very unlikely. I'd be willing to bet he'll be able to find a department policy that will show that he shouldn't have entered the building.
Obviously, I think he should have gone in, and I'd like to believe that I would have, but sitting in a comfortable chair and talking about is a whole world away from actually facing a shooter.
If he's any kind of man at all he probably deeply regrets not trading his life for the life of a child.

do you want to make that bet?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'll put five bucks on it.

BSO’s policy states that an officer “may” — not “must” — enter a building when an active shooter is attacking, meaning Peterson might not have violated any technical rules. Still, police tactical experts say, most active-shooter training calls for cops to identify the location of a gunman, whether inside or outside.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202164039.html#storylink=cpy

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
BSO’s policy states that an officer “may” — not “must” — enter a building when an active shooter is attacking, meaning Peterson might not have violated any technical rules. Still, police tactical experts say, most active-shooter training calls for cops to identify the location of a gunman, whether inside or outside.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202164039.html#storylink=cpy
Looks like you're right, pm me your address.