SCORCHING HOT LEXMARK PRINTER $29.95

TRCDROM

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2002
I just recevied this email:

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (and they won't last long!), Computer Geeks
GeekMail Subscribers can save $15.00 (that's over 33%!)
on this quality 1200x1200 color inkjet printer by Lexmark!

Already a great bargain at $44.95, loyal GeekMail subscribers
can get this high-resolution USB color printer for just $29.95!

http://www.computergeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=z13-N

Product Features & Specifications:

- 1200x1200dpi color or B&W printing, up to 7ppm
- Lexmark quality, Model Z13
- USB interface for quick, easy connection (cable extra)
- New, Retail Boxed
- 1-Year Manufacturer-Direct Warranty through Lexmark
- Includes power cable, one color ink cartridge
- Includes setup guide and drivers on CD-ROM

Enter the Secret Savings Code (CODE IS ON THE WEB SOMEWHERE (or send me a note) in the red "promotional code"
field during checkout to save $15.00 and get this excellent
high-resolution color inkjet USB printer for just $29.95!

This offer will sell out quickly, so don't delay, Click Today!

Your SECRET SAVINGS CODE is: CODE IS ON THE WEB SOMEWHERE (or send me a note)

While supplies last.
Plus Shipping & Applicable Taxes, if any.

:D

esoteric0

Jan 15, 2001
not to thread crap... ok, to thread crap. this same printer was posted on here a few weeks ago for $20 after MIR, so this isn't all that hot.

i bought it then, and it's a nice enough little printer i guess, but the whole idea of having only 1 cartridge (tri-color, unless you buy a black one) and combining the colors to make black is kind of dumb. and those carts are expensive!

exharr

Aug 2, 2001

<< i think for lexmark printers, they ream u on the ink cartirdges... much like my HP >>

That is how the printer companies make their money.

taurean

Apr 24, 2002
Thats why you buy $29 dollar printers, so that you don't have to buy $40 dollar replacement cartridges.

vortix

Jun 13, 2001

<< i think for lexmark printers, they ream u on the ink cartirdges... much like my HP >>

Well you could do what I did and get an old (but damn reliable!) HP LaserJet 4 something. Toner costs around $50 on ebay and other places, and lasts up to 8,000 pages or more. Got my printer for $75 from some guy I was buying some Sun equipment from - not too bad a deal, and it came with an HP JetDirect card so I can plug it right into my network :)

Although for $30, this is still a pretty nice deal - just eBay it when the ink runs out ;)

jasonja

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
Why do I need to send you a mail for the "ultra secret" promotional code when it's in your post 4 lines above?

dentalboy

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2001
thats how all these ink jet printer do it to you
remember dot matrix
much cheaper to operate and more reliable

bman1649

Feb 2, 2001
I interviewed with Lexmark not too long ago. Their business model (for the consumer market) is to basically give away the hardware and make all the profit on consumables (which are outrageously expensive).
I stick with Epson, i can get genuine carts for half the Lexmark price, or get generics for $2.00 for my non photo printer.

bman

Hawk

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah but Epson sucks (just my experience with about 4 of them) and their carts don't cost nearly as much as Lexmark's to make (and HP I guess).

knightc2

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001
$30 for a a USB 1200 dpi printer is a good deal even if this is a Lexmark and only has one cartridge. Not smoking, bu perfect for the casual printer or cheap college student. I hate Lexmark, but for $30 this is decent. You can always sell it to someone else after the ink is gone or by cheap refills. I remember when a printer like this was $150!

esoteric0

Jan 15, 2001
oh, i forgot to mention... the printer doesn't include the usb cable, so there's another $20 you have to spend. of course you can keep the cable when you buy a new printer, so maybe it's not as much of a factor.

knightc2

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001

<< the printer doesn't include the usb cable, so there's another $20 you have to spend. >>

$20 for a usb cable? Man, you need this forum.;)

stockjock

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Call me dumb...but I've searched and searched and I can't find the code anywhere...plz some PM it to me

esoteric0

Jan 15, 2001

<< $20 for a usb cable? Man, you need this forum. >>

yeah well.... i have no excuse. i was in a hurry and paid full retail at BB without looking around. ran across one a couple days ago for $12, felt like a schmuck. oh well.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
BB charges $29 for a printer cable! I was in there a few days ago and LMFAO at some guy who had one in his cart with a printer. Like 10,000% markup!

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Ick. Black Cart is $20 123 inkjets. You can save up to 30% and get $2 shipping if you look for codes tho.