Schwarzenegger declares state of emergency, dissolves Reichstag (legislature)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
"I was elected by the people of this state to lead. Since the legislative leadership refuses to act, I will act without them," Schwarzenegger said Thursday in announcing the decision.

Originally posted by: ZaneNBK
Good for him.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: miguel
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Originally posted by: miguel
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Schwarzenegger declares state of emergency, dissolves Reichstag (legislature)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20031218/ap_on_re_us/california_budget_11

Why use the word Reichstag?

Think Weimar Republic and Austrian leaders.

Are you saying that Schwarzenegger is a Nazi? That's weak.

Dude, I'm only joking :p

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Ah a nazi joke? Don't think he can invade Poland from California.

Seriously thou, There are more people that I'd call a Nazi before Arnold. He'd be a democrat in South Carolina.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Pepsei

Seriously thou, There are more people that I'd call a Nazi before Arnold. He'd be a democrat in South Carolina.

Yeah but france is already surrendering

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: Spencer278
Originally posted by: Pepsei

Yeah but france is already surrendering

ROFLMAO

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Since we allready have a FED.EPA..get rid of the Calif.EPA (CARB)..they are purveyors of bad decisions like MTBE and numerous other foolish costly reulations that negate prudent environmentalism. Closing down that one parasitic agency would save the state and taxpayers billions.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Arnold's just forcing his 'vision' down the throats of everyone involved. When you can't work with other politicians, just figure out a way to go around them. I sure hope he knows what he's doing.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
(Arnold voice): "The Legislators are controlled by ze machines, we must terminate them in order to pump up the economy!"

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The cuts, expected to come from social service programs, free up money for city and county governments that have lost more than $300 million since the governor voided an unpopular tripling of the state's car tax.
Typically we call this a self-inflicted wound.

A few weeks ago, Schwarzenegger had proposed suspending a civil rights law known as the Lanterman Act, a measure that guarantees care for the disabled, but administration officials said the governor has changed his mind about cutting millions in services for the developmentally disabled.
Outstanding work . . . clearly he's a member of the clan in name only.

Kennedy Krieger?s tradition of improving the lives of children with neurological disorders dates back to 1937, when Winthrop Phelps, M.D., an orthopedic surgeon from Baltimore, responded to a dire need for treatment for individuals with cerebral palsy. He founded the Children?s Rehabilitation Institute, the first treatment facility in the country dedicated solely to children with cerebral palsy. The Institute was renamed the Kennedy Institute in 1968 in memory of President John F. Kennedy, who enacted the Medical Training Act during his administration, to protect the rights and improve the lives of persons with disabilities. In 1992, the name was changed again to Kennedy Krieger Institute to honor original board member and long-time supporter, Zanvyl Krieger.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
He has no choice. the bonds are worthless (ie no ones buying) so you either raise taxes or cut spending now or people don't get paid it's that simple. Probably should sell off some of that state property they are hoarding though.

SillyMan

Jan 25, 2001
well he could take all the healthy people that are on welfare and let them do the jobs that the illegal aliens do (grin)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: SillyMan
well he could take all the healthy people that are on welfare and let them do the jobs that the illegal aliens do (grin)

That is a great idea...

I wonder what the welfare rolls are for a Liberal state such as CA??