school has new computer with.. [poll]

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
The windows product key stuck on the side still. I mean i can just copy that down and go install old windows 98se and not get caught at all! Not sure what they thinking but alot of students are dumb when it comes to this but i some know what thoses are like me.

Does your school leave the products key in view?

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
not everybody in the world has xp or 98se or me, which means some people still run windows 95 and could easily get the key and a cd from a friend, but how old 98 or se is it wouldn't matter where you got the key b/c its so easy to find and use.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
It's part of Dell etc.'s Windows license that the key has to be physically attached to new computers nowadays.

FUCKING KIDS RIP THEM OFF. It's a total PITA when somthing crashes and you have to run around to find a computer with the key still attached.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
theses arent dells and i really dont know what they are but they are pretty nice. Looks like a side oem type of computers. My old 1st comptuer for myself was a used college computer which the company only makes pcs for colleges and i think its was orac or something like that.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Still, if they don't purchase individual licenses but instead bulk licenses, they're required to put them on there by Microsoft. Been like that since the introduction of Win2k (And starting at that point also applied to WinNT4 and Win9x licenses). Microsoft lives by a form of acceptable piracy. In fact, Billy himself has said somthing to the effect of "Let them pirate. It will make them more dependent on our product instead of the competition. Eventually there will come a time when we make it impossible to pirate. More money for us."

WobbleWobble

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Yes, the Seanix computers at my school all have them easily visible. So do the computers at my work (Compaq). They're all easily visible.

If a person is going to borrow a Win98 CD or something from a friend, they're going to probably give them the product key too...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Do your school leave there keys on there pc thats are viewable

uhhh...please tell me English is your 2nd language? :confused:

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
why cant they be on the back by the psu.

for the peeps!

Does your school leave the products key in view?

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
they have xp pro and 2k pro licenses all over the comps @ school. pathetic, but you can get keys off the internet anyway?

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
true, its a easy way from school which they should make harder by ripping them off.

Skiguy411

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2002
Every classroom in our school has at least 3 IBM P4s (1.8 ghz i think). There are at least 50 classrooms. All of them are running XP and have the key code right on the side.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'm a computer tech for a high school... we are required to leave the Windows XP Product Keys on all of our boxes.