school districts and universities in rochester, ny

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: potato28
Dear Rochester,

Wusses.

Love,
Canada

- M4H

Dear MercenaryForHire,

The whole southwest end of Lake Ontario is affected.

Love,
Niagara Region

Dear both of quoted,

Toronto is one big ice rink.

Love,
Toronto :D

Dear all of the above,

My particular pocket of southwestern Ontario was just rainy all the way into work, no ice.

Sucks to be you guys.

Love,
Kent County

Dear Kent County,

There is nothing in Chatham-Kent. Except for 3 ATOT neffers.

Love,
Everywhere Else

Dear Everywhere Else,

Up yours. Go drive on your ice rinks.

Love,
Kent County

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Dear Rochester,

Wusses.

Love,
Canada

- M4H
i knew Canada loved us. :D

Of course we love you. You send over scads of 19-20 year old girls to get hammered on our territory, making them easy prey for our squads of hockey players, lumberjacks, and fur trappers. :D

Oh, and in before a joke relating to "beaver" with respect to the last occupation.

- M4H

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
Essex > Kent :p

- Melt4H

Yeah, Kent sucks so bad that you had to visit it to enjoy it yourself :p :D

Cheers :beer::D

- M4H
I'm just glad it was dark while I was driving home... it looks a little too much like Ravenholm.

We don't go to Ravenholm anymore. :p

Jan 31, 2002
Essex > Kent :p

- Melt4H

Yeah, Kent sucks so bad that you had to visit it to enjoy it yourself :p :D

Cheers :beer::D

- M4H
I'm just glad it was dark while I was driving home... it looks a little too much like Ravenholm.

We don't go to Ravenholm anymore. :p

A little further out in the sticks than you thought I was, wasn't it. ;)

Im in ur back woods
With not much to do

- M4H

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Yeah man, I live in Brockport, and I walked into town today to do some errands and nearly killed myself! I barely made it up the small hill to the bridge over the canal, and then on the way back, I slid all the way down it! :D

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I remember going to Chatham once. I was around 10 years old and it was a long weekend so we were all going there on vacation from Toronto. Worst. Vacation. Ever. We stayed at some stupid "rustic resort hotel" that was neither rustic, nor a resort. I think it was called the Wagon Wheel or Covered Wagon or something.

The hotel had a farmhouse on the property and I guess some pioneer crap. All I remember is that all vacationing families were split up so all the kids would do one set of activities and the parents did another. I got so bored with the activities because they were designed for 5-year olds, not 10 year olds (I think I was too old for my group or something but nobody cared). I was pissed at my parents for wasting a vacation (we should've gone up to Muskoka like we usually did). We never went to Chatham again.

The point of this story is that Kent County sucks the nubby. So there.

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
Dear Rochester,

Wusses.

Love,
Canada

- M4H

lol universities in waterloo are closed down due to 'winter storm' tho we got like 4cm of snow and roads look fine...

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Wow, I spent 4 and a half years in Rochester and not once was school canceled due to weather conditions. Were in class through 9/11, and several severe storms.

Looks like RIT is getting soft.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: UNCjigga
I remember going to Chatham once. I was around 10 years old and it was a long weekend so we were all going there on vacation from Toronto. Worst. Vacation. Ever. We stayed at some stupid "rustic resort hotel" that was neither rustic, nor a resort. I think it was called the Wagon Wheel or Covered Wagon or something.

The hotel had a farmhouse on the property and I guess some pioneer crap. All I remember is that all vacationing families were split up so all the kids would do one set of activities and the parents did another. I got so bored with the activities because they were designed for 5-year olds, not 10 year olds (I think I was too old for my group or something but nobody cared). I was pissed at my parents for wasting a vacation (we should've gone up to Muskoka like we usually did). We never went to Chatham again.

The Wheels Inn? Rustic? Resort? Man, you guys swallowed that one - hook, line, and sinker. :p

The point of this story is that Kent County sucks the nubby. So there.

I never brought that into question. :laugh:

- M4H

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
I also go to RIT. I went to class not knowing about the closure, and the roads were perfect... and still are.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Dear Rochester,

Wusses.

Love,
Canada

- M4H

Dear MercenaryForHire,

The whole southwest end of Lake Ontario is affected.

Love,
Niagara Region

Dear People in south west Ontario,

Yer a bunch of pussies.

Much love,

North east Ontario
Queen's Student
Kingston, ON

enis083

Jan 17, 2003
RIT rarely shuts down. When I was there, it closed once in 95 and again 99. Since you ain't doing anything important... Overnight me a garbage plate.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: yobarman
Wow, I spent 4 and a half years in Rochester and not once was school canceled due to weather conditions. Were in class through 9/11, and several severe storms.

Looks like RIT is getting soft.

I was there around the same time period - I think they might've closed it once or twice, but more because part of the infrastructure went (water or electric, I can't remember) and less out of concern of the weather.

One night was particularly unpleasant - got out of class in the evening, to find my car encased in ice. Normally I'd just get it over with, but a minute into a brisk de-icing my scraper snapped :|