School board superintendent replaced by a moderate democrat after rape incidents involving 2 girls

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
I'm still waiting to see what bathroom policy had to do with any of this. Now, maybe I'm wrong here, but I suspect someone with the intent of committing brutal and repeated rape doesn't give a shit about a bathroom policy.

Reactions: Brainonska511
Dec 10, 2005
I'm still waiting to see what bathroom policy had to do with any of this. Now, maybe I'm wrong here, but I suspect someone with the intent of committing brutal and repeated rape doesn't give a shit about a bathroom policy.
Can't commit sexual assault there because of the bathroom signage. I guess that's how Gov Abbott is going to eliminate rape in Texas.

Reactions: balloonshark
Jan 25, 2011
Can't commit sexual assault there because of the bathroom signage. I guess that's how Gov Abbott is going to eliminate rape in Texas.
These are the same guys who bitch about the effectiveness of gun signs on business doors right?

no need to answer.....

Jul 9, 2009
These are the same guys who bitch about the effectiveness of gun signs on business doors right?

no need to answer.....
Here in Texas it's the 30.06 signs and the 30.07 signs that need to be posted.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Summary - Conservative networks are pushing an article by The Daily Wire, Ben Shaprio's shitstain of a website and Amol.S took the bait.
Are you saying it didn't happen? Prove it didn't happen. I don't trust a single thing from Shapiro and his so-called reporters but don't be so dismissive.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Summary - Conservative networks are pushing an article by The Daily Wire, Ben Shaprio's shitstain of a website and Amol.S took the bait.
Thanks for adding some context. Unfortunately since it seems like this isn't an instance of the OP not realizing the shitty source because he saw it on a news aggregator which, because apparently its difficult to actually look at the source or cross check an article, the OP just decided to use conservative media directly. Which as we see is a problem. Regardless of Fox News' website being more trustworthy than their cable channel or the cesspit of outright garbage right wing media outlets.
He's helping to amplify their propaganda.
I did state in the last paragraph in the OP that I was suspicious about the authenticity of the article itself, but was not completely sure if it actually happened or it was just a lie. After all, Reuters did take multiple photographs of the father being arrested, so there was an arrest of the father. Furthermore, the title of the Fox news article says father arrested.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Are you saying it didn't happen? Prove it didn't happen. I don't trust a single thing from Shapiro and his so-called reporters but don't be so dismissive.
The article never proved it happened in the first place.
Thats the trick isn't it...

Dump conspiracy and then place the burden on the reader to prove it wrong

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Is there an element of truth? Probably. Is it exactly as portrayed? Fuck no.

It’s propaganda until proven otherwise by reliable sources.

Dec 10, 2005
I did state in the last paragraph in the OP that I was suspicious about the authenticity of the article itself, but was not completely sure if it actually happened or it was just a lie. After all, Reuters did take multiple photographs of the father being arrested, so there was an arrest of the father. Furthermore, the title of the Fox news article says father arrested.
You're still amplifying the Fox News extremely-likely-to-be-distorted story, regardless of what qualifiers you attach to it, and to top it off, you basically titled the thread along the lines of the dubiously sourced story.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Helpful rule of thumb, if you suspect the authenticity of an article, don't share it.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Is there an element of truth? Probably. Is it exactly as portrayed? Fuck no.

It’s propaganda until proven otherwise by reliable sources.
You're still amplifying the Fox News extremely-likely-to-be-distorted story, regardless of what qualifiers you attach to it, and to top it off, you basically titled the thread along the lines of the dubiously sourced story.
Helpful rule of thumb, if you suspect the authenticity of an article, don't share it.
I sorry and accept that I made a mistake of spreading a news article that had some fabricated lies. I have updated the title of the thread.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So, in a nutshell, it is not possible for a person like this to not be able to commit a sex crime?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
The issue is that both the daily caller article and the people hijacking the meeting are conflating two issues. They must be handled, and separately since they're separate.
Not really, the school board members were lying that the sexual assault had not taken place. The father of the victim was accosted by activists that said his daughter was the one lying about the sexual assault.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not really, the school board members were lying that the sexual assault had not taken place. The father of the victim was accosted by activists that said his daughter was the one lying about the sexual assault.

Yes, really. There are paths to deal with issues like sexual assault.

Conservatives don't get to pick and choose when they believe a victim. Unlike you, I see this for what it is, two separate issues. The alleged crime should be investigated.

The sad part is how often conservatives immediately blame the victims, until it's convenient for them not to. In this case, the gender and bathroom problem has been one of their chosen triggers for close to 10 years.

If the father wants real investigation and resolution, get lawyer. Hijacking a meeting about state directed policies is probably to worst choice to make. Getting yourself arrested doesn't make you a martyr in this tribal holy war conservatives gave going on, it makes you a fool.

And before you start with more dishonest BS, understand that I too was very green in the parental area and had to learn much in the school district area. But if you know how and what to say / do, you will get their attention. You still won't be popular either 😏.

Choose your sources wisely, and let's not forget who and what conservatives have chosen to care about, which doesn't include sexual assault, you guys voted twice for someone who openly brags about it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
All I know is, is that Fox hasn't stopped covering it, so it must be very important to stir up the base.

Reactions: HomerJS