school advice (ece ).....

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I asked you guys last year whether i should dual in CE and EE. From your advice, I decided to just take CE, since everyone pretty much said it was not worth the effort to dual. Flash forward to today, I am gettign kind of worried i made a wrong choice. Everyone is telling me that EE is much more diverse and I can do more with it than a CE degree. I have three options now, I can dual (ee and ce) and be only 1 class behind (I took Calc 3 incase i wanted to switch to EE), I can switch to EE and only be 1 class behind, or I can stay put and hope for the best. I asked a few of my professors and i schedualed a meeting with them and my advisor to talk about it. What do you guys think?

Look at it this way: when you're done with college, you'll still have no chance at getting a job, no matter what track you're in. By 2006, all the tech jobs will be in India.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: jumpr
Look at it this way: when you're done with college, you'll still have no chance at getting a job, no matter what track you're in. By 2006, all the tech jobs will be in India.

Thanks for being so optimistic :)

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
If it is any help, I used to tell my daughter to get as educated in as many areas as possible. It is only a small amount of effort now, compared to what you will need to do later. And if you need something to fall back on, wouldnt you be glad that you busted azz now then to feel worried later?

:)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: jumpr

nice! nothing like a positive attitude

do whatever you like in school, many people end up with jobs outside their schooling anyway, so just do whatever feels right, you are unlikely to make a wrong choice, good luck

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
The other thing is that I have 4 ECE elective requirements...I could take some of the classes there...

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000

switch to mechanical? Funny thing is, as I look back, I wish i did take Mechanical.