Schindler's List.. did it make you hate the Germans?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: kami333
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
I keep hearing in German Schools they don't talk about the holocaust and they say it never happened. They also say the photos are fake and America made them up. Is this true? I?ve heard this from a few people now.

I've heard that in Japan they don't teach that they bombed Pearl Harbor. They do however cover the fact that we dropped the A bomb on them.

I don't hate Germans and I've seen that movie many times. It is an excellent movie.

I heard that US schools don't teach anything about what happened to the Indians and slavery
rolleye.gif
Really? Where did you go to school? I certainly learned alot about those subjects in school...

man, there are some people having a lot of trouble understanding this thread.

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
And I suppose we didn't land on the Moon either?

I keep hearing in German Schools they don't talk about the holocaust and they say it never happened. They also say the photos are fake and America made them up. Is this true? I?ve heard this from a few people now.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
While I realise this thread is a parody, watching a movie is one thing, nothing compares to actuatly being inside a concentration camp. I think that walking through Dachau has been one of the most sobering experiences of my life. I can't even imagine how it was when the Nazi's were in power.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Agrred, I went to Stutthof in Poland and while it wasn't one of the main Jewish camps, it was still quite an experience.

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
"There are two things I cant stand in this world. Intolerance of other peoples culture, and the Dutch."

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I'm chinese but I don't hate the Japanese people for what their gov't did during WWII. I guess you can draw the same distinction between Nazis and Germans.

In fact, I appreciate their contribution of hentai anime and bukkake.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Sepen
And I suppose we didn't land on the Moon either?

Moon landing was a hoax.

And the easter bunny is real.

Trente

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: tweakmm
While I realise this thread is a parody, watching a movie is one thing, nothing compares to actuatly being inside a concentration camp. I think that walking through Dachau has been one of the most sobering experiences of my life. I can't even imagine how it was when the Nazi's were in power.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: kami333
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

I've heard that in Japan they don't teach that they bombed Pearl Harbor. They do however cover the fact that we dropped the A bomb on them.

I don't hate Germans and I've seen that movie many times. It is an excellent movie.

I heard that US schools don't teach anything about what happened to the Indians and slavery
rolleye.gif

Actually US schools are prone to exaggerate what happened to Indians.

Fact of the matter is. Spain killed for more Indians in what is now America, than anyone else. Followed by Britain, the the US.

Another fact is, the native population of north america was in a steep decline when the americas were discovered.

Then theres the popular thought that early settlers spread disease on purpose to kill the Indians. This just isnt the case, and infact the settlers died off in large chuncks as well, most early groups were wiped out by diseases from Indians.

Yes its horrible what happened to the natives. And the slaves.

But everyone knocks the US for it, when infact the US did it to a lesser extent compared to our European counterparts.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

You're confusing Germany with Japan. Germany has been very open about their role in WWII and has willingly paid tens of billions of dollars in reparations to the Jews. Any Nazi propaganda and symbols is banned and, directly following the war, German civilians were forced to tour and clean up the concentration camps. They basically do everything but beat themselves over the head with crowbars to appease the Jews and the world for their actions in WWII.

Japan, on the other hand, likes to deny the atrocities it committed in WWII and teaches their children that the atomic bombings were basically unprovoked.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
No it makes me hate the...um..."people that control the media" that played Schindler's List on prime time television UNCUT with all the FULL nudity, sex, language, and violence, and then were OUTRAGED at Janet Jackson's 2 second shot of a boob that wasn't fully exposed. I mean WTF is that about? It's funny, they played Saving Private Ryan uncut too....hmmmm. I wonder what these two movies have in common.
rolleye.gif

DorkBoy

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: LAUST
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe
there's a difference between germans and nazis
So the Germans were the cowards who sat and watched their country genocide a race? I get it now ;)

Are you a coward for letting your Gov't kill Iraqis/Afghanis then? I guess so;)

DorkBoy

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: JackBurton
No it makes me hate the...um..."people that control the media" that played Schindler's List on prime time television UNCUT with all the FULL nudity, sex, language, and violence, and then were OUTRAGED at Janet Jackson's 2 second shot of a boob that wasn't fully exposed. I mean WTF is that about? It's funny, they played Saving Private Ryan uncut too....hmmmm. I wonder what these two movies have in common.
rolleye.gif

That's funny :)

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: JackBurton
rolleye.gif

There's a thing called taste. How can you compare Janet's tit exposure to Schindler's List?
rolleye.gif

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Schindler's List.. did it make you hate the Germans?

No, it made me hate the Nazis (as if most people already didn't).

I too have German blood in me, and it's certainly not fair to feel disdain for the country as a whole. Those German's who did speak out were killed. Remember, Hitler gained power through legal means. For that reason when "questionable" dissapearances happened to individuals, many people were less likely to point their fingers. Many other people would rather keep their mouths shut, and their lives. And many others were simply brainwashed and swept along by herd-mentality.