Sceptre 42" LCD TV $1399+ship/tax

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
What a hassle. Sheesh. I'm still pondering about the issue of whether to return the set I paid $2000 to Costco for in the summer, and re-buy it for $1300 with the new 2-HDMI media box, on the one hand feeling uncomfortable about it, on the other noting it's apparently ok in the policy they have; I might even buy a second one as a gift if I did that. Hm.

Hope your purchase goes well.

Basilisk

Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Craig234... with the new 2-HDMI media box
I'm curious where you've found a reference to this new MB w/ 2 HDMI. Or, are you saying there's an HDMI on the monitor and now a second one on the MB? I don't see the 2nd HDMI at the Sceptre site, nor do NE/CV or Costco list it.

Thanks for the good wishes! I'm still in demi-shock. :confused: And... slightly reluctant because of the apparent lack of 5.1 Audio output from the MB. So it goes.... Off to visit Shippensburg, PA.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Now $1199 at Newegg after $100 MIR and free shipping. How are people liking this TV? Get the questions of the component hook-ups between the TV and media box figured out?

Link

teckmaster

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2000
I've been getting the 42" Olevia LCD's for $1149 over at amazon.com Usually get free shipping on top of that yet.

Zahriya

Oct 20, 2004
I ordered one from Costco.com yesterday. It was by far the best deal for a 42"1080p. Man stupid PS3 has cost me more money than I thought it would!

Basilisk

Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: hondaf17
Now $1199 at Newegg after $100 MIR and free shipping. How are people liking this TV? Get the questions of the component hook-ups between the TV and media box figured out?

Link
Hunh? $1550.at the moment. And I haven't seen it cheaper there for days -- and when it was, it did NOT include the required Media Box. CostCo has the best price I've seen for a week -- which is NOT to say I haven't missed something.

Speaking of which, I dropped by CostCo tonight. As I asked for a One Day Pass, I noticed a cart behind me with THIS @#$%^&* TV on it -- someone had just returned it.

A) I glanced at the Media Box and it does indeed have TWO HDMI inputs. And it still does not have anything better than 2-channel audio ports for OTA.
B) CostCo stores CANNOT sell the freakin' TV even if it's sitting on a cart being returned! They said I have to buy it online! :(
C) The box for this unit is HUGE -- you could box up a pigmy rhino in it!!! No wonder some places charge so much for shipping!

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Basilisk
Originally posted by: hondaf17

Link
Hunh? $1550.at the moment. And I haven't seen it cheaper there for days -- and when it was, it did NOT include the required Media Box. CostCo has the best price I've seen for a week -- which is NOT to say I haven't missed something.

Speaking of which, I dropped by CostCo tonight. As I asked for a One Day Pass, I noticed a cart behind me with THIS @#$%^&* TV on it -- someone had just returned it.

A) I glanced at the Media Box and it does indeed have TWO HDMI inputs. And it still does not have anything better than 2-channel audio ports for OTA.
B) CostCo stores CANNOT sell the freakin' TV even if it's sitting on a cart being returned! They said I have to buy it online! :(
C) The box for this unit is HUGE -- you could box up a pigmy rhino in it!!! No wonder some places charge so much for shipping!

When I posted that yesterday it was certainly $1199 after MIR. I saw the same thing posted in another thread here too, so I don't think I was the only one that saw it. Congrats to those that jumped on it, I guess.

J14152

Aug 29, 2003
Do it!

Buy the new one, then return the new one with the old receipt, with a reasonable excuse!!

Or - retrun the old one and extend your warranty.

Do you think these people have any loyalty to you? They have no qualms about taking your money, so likewise, you should have no qualms about getting it back.

Gone are the days where a reasonable markup is added to make a reasonable profit. Today, it's whatever a company can get away with in setting prices.

Jim

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
bummer.....

New Egg forces the AIT minimum $100 delivery charge???? There is no way to deselect it.

I don't understand. Shipping is FREE UPS ground, but then there is the $100 AIT delivery fee.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh