Sceptre 32" LED backlit passive 3D TV (with 2D to 3D conversion) Dropped to $330!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
$345 total. No Tax, free shipping. Sale for 48 hours.

At NewEgg with coupon: EMCYTZT1477

NewEgg link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-89112058-L04B

Here is a price history from Decide.com @ Newegg.com: https://www.decide.com/p/32096275

Here is the price history from Decide.com @ Wal-Mart: http://www.decide.com/product/32497965

Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-32...-FHDD/19527750

An LED backlit TV with 3D. This is the cheapest 3D set with LED back lighting I have seen.

The reviews at NewEgg.com are pretty good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

Also has the SRS surround for the TV speakers which if you have to suffer with TV speakers it at least makes it less painful.

Comes with two pairs of passive Glasses.

If you need extra pairs you can use the ones you get a the Movie Theater that usually cost $3.50 anyways and use them on this set.

It also has a built in 2D-3D converter. I don't know how 2D-3D converters work for Video games or video content?

The other cheapest 3DTV set that I know of is also a 32" is by Vizio and it's not LED backlit and does not have 2d-3d converter (They are usually sold for $99) This set also costs $200 more. Does have Internet apps though. However the apps are not worth $200 more considering Roku boxes range from $50-$100 anyways if you do want Netflix and such.

Or get a 3D Blu-Ray with apps.

This seems like an awesome deal. Hope it's a sign that LED and 3D sets will continue to drop.

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
am i the only one who still doesnt get the appeal of 3d? i buy contacts for a reason

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
am i the only one who still doesnt get the appeal of 3d? i buy contacts for a reason

Gaming in 3D is pretty cool.

Some movies are good in 3D.

From what I hear sports is pretty amazing in 3D. Even people that don't watch sports is amazed.

More and more content is coming. Just home 3D is kinda in beta right now. However it's nice to see some sets start to drop in price.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Gaming in 3D is pretty cool.

Some movies are good in 3D.

From what I hear sports is pretty amazing in 3D. Even people that don't watch sports is amazed.

More and more content is coming. Just home 3D is kinda in beta right now. However it's nice to see some sets start to drop in price.

Ive heard people say its really awesome too.... but honestly, the glasses. Im not wearing them! Theres jut no way. Make 3d enabled contacts that are activated by bluetooth or something..... or a tv that doesnt require accessories to view it

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Ive heard people say its really awesome too.... but honestly, the glasses. Im not wearing them! Theres jut no way. Make 3d enabled contacts that are activated by bluetooth or something..... or a tv that doesnt require accessories to view it

Well there is glasses free sets but they aren't quite there yet. They don't look as good as the Glasses sets currently.

This set just uses the passive polarized glasses. So maybe polarized contacts could be made?

Yeah passive halves the HD when viewing 3D but most consumers don't care. As Active Shutter is still pricey and you have the charge the glasses. However the tech is still evolving too.

I don't mind getting a set with glasses now. I just am looking for the best bang for buck so when the better set comes along (glasses free that works well) I can then upgrade if I want.

This 32" is tempting for my PC Monitor. I have a desk big enough to put it to my wall and be far enough from the screen. I am also looking to upgrade my tube TV in my room and I have already decided that I'd want to go for at least 42".

However as it stands I think this TV is a hot deal for what all it offers and the positive reviews it has.

Some people say 3D is dead. Really it seems to just be in beta. They are still working out all the kinks. More content will come.

If your a PC gamer you can play most of your games in 3D with very little issue or complex settings. It's pretty easy. I don't know how well the 2d-3d converter in the TV works for consoles?

Another cool feature is you can snag two extra pairs of Passive glasses and pop the lenses out and have 1 pair with two left lens for player 1 and the other two right for player 2 then set the TV to side by side or top to bottom and play any split screen games full screen. :D

Last edited:

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Another cool feature is you can snag two extra pairs of Passive glasses and pop the lenses out and have 1 pair with two left lens for player 1 and the other two right for player 2 then set the TV to side by side or top to bottom and play any split screen games full screen. :D

Wow... never thought of that. Even better, the players can't spy on each other in deathmatches, heh heh.

Of course, that won't happen with my set, since I have active 3D shutter glasses. They can't even do a software update, unless they can modify the glasses to one mode or another.

Ah, one snag.... the video image would be stretched. The console would have to know you could do that and adjust the aspect ratio to match what you intended to do.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Wow... never thought of that. Even better, the players can't spy on each other in deathmatches, heh heh.

Of course, that won't happen with my set, since I have active 3D shutter glasses. They can't even do a software update, unless they can modify the glasses to one mode or another.

Ah, one snag.... the video image would be stretched. The console would have to know you could do that and adjust the aspect ratio to match what you intended to do.

Top to Bottom split screen might not be that bad: http://youtu.be/CVJcVPvjUJo

Last edited:

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Price dropped again. It's got some more positive reviews.

However at this rate you might wait as it might drop more to maybe $300. Keep an eye on the Decide.com link. ;)

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

After seeing Avatar in a high quality 3D setting I have to disagree with you. 3D can be better than real life almost if done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.