Scary Thunder/Lightening in my area.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Just sounded like North Korea detonated a nuke in my area. It was loud and my windows rattled.

I'll be in my closet if anyone needs me. :(

I live in NJ. Hot and humid as hell.

Typ33

Aug 24, 2014
Put the headphones on and play a music.
hiding ain't going to make it better. lol

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
It's gotten worse my friends.

A tornado warning is in my area. The winds have picked up. Lightening is everywhere. WTF. .

I'm too young and handsome to die. I haven't even become a millionaire yet! :(

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Haven't seen much lately so far this year.

That is about a typical evening a lot of time in Tampa Bay, depending where the storms cells are roaming in the summer.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Seemed like a weekly occurrence while I was in southern Indiana. Used to sit out on the covered deck and watch, was pretty sweet. Until that time hail blew in sideways anyway.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
the lightning has been extreme this season, i know exactly what you're talking about. last time it stormed like crazy here i actually SAW a lightning bolt, by that i mean i actually saw the lightning bolt right near me, WAY to close for comfort.

i was in the living room watching TV when thunder cracked so loudly, shook everything, and lightning struck right outside of the window, probably 20 feet from where i was sitting, close to the window, the window a/c which was off at the time, made a crazy warbly beeping noise, kind of like the beep it makes when it powers on... it still works though lol.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Haven't seen much lately so far this year.

That is about a typical evening a lot of time in Tampa Bay, depending where the storms cells are roaming in the summer.

The winds picked up something fierce in seconds. I left my sneakers outside. Wasn't going to get them in the torrential downpour.

Now, I'm getting hammered with severe lightening. Can't believe how hot and muggy it got in the last week. I do not care for NE summers.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
It's gotten worse my friends.

A tornado warning is in my area. The winds have picked up. Lightening is everywhere. WTF. .

I'm too young and handsome to die. I haven't even become a millionaire yet! :(

If you do get a tornado warning and don't have a basement go to the bathroom. This is the most fortified area of your house. Cover yourself up with blankets and what have you.

This is why I have a weather radio programed with the SAME code for my area. I don't trust other forms of communication.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
5u6seax.png

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was playing darts once, and it was kinda like a North Korea bomb going off, it was very far from the actual target, and did relatively no damage.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
pretty scary when the sky starts to lighten in the morning as dawn approaches. if you're a vampire.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
pretty scary when the sky starts to lighten in the morning as dawn approaches. if you're a vampire.

I love this time of year for that. 3:30am and you can see sun light starting to show in the sky. Wait a bit and then you see the sun rise. It's so surreal. Its short lived though, I think we recently hit summer solstice, so it means the days are going to get shorter from this point. One of the things I hate about winter is how it's dark all the time.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Shit, don't ever move to the central FL area, lightning capitol of the US, this tree WAS 30 feet from my house when it got slammed, the flash/thunder/bark smashing into the side of my house all in a seconds time was just nutty. The tree was damaged so severely it had to be cut down.
DSCF0475_1.jpg