SC2 Blizzcon movies

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
ZOMG! that is just orgasmic gaming right there. SC2 is going to be the most brilliant RTS ever - even better than the first!!!

produce the game so i can buy it already! :D:D:D

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I'm kinda torn here. On one hand, SC1 had great gameplay and a really good storyline, not to mention memorable characters. A simple graphical upgrade would be fun, but will it be enough? The RTS genre has evolved since SC1 was released. I'm as excited as the next guy about SC2, but Blizzard's last few games have been utter trash.

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
Damn i really want this game now. Havent played a good RTS in like a year or longer o_O

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer
I'm kinda torn here. On one hand, SC1 had great gameplay and a really good storyline, not to mention memorable characters. A simple graphical upgrade would be fun, but will it be enough? The RTS genre has evolved since SC1 was released. I'm as excited as the next guy about SC2, but Blizzard's last few games have been utter trash.

Care to elaborate?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Molondo

Care to elaborate?

WC3 sucked, i will give bateluer that.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Warcraft IMHO was brillliant. I Just think some people could not get used to the hero system.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Let me third the anti-WC3 sentiment. I loved every Blizzard release before it (although D2 has shrunk on me over time, but that's another matter) and bought it early in the morning on release day for $72.50. Played it for a few hours, realized it sucked, and have hardly gone back to it. World of Warcraft was another disappointment since I was getting sick of Blizzard moving farther and farther into the arena of online multiplayer, and Starcraft: Ghost (which was thankfully cancelled) didn't bring my hopes up at all. The original Starcraft was awesome, so I hope Blizzard still has it in them to make it good.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
As an old old school war2 and SC player, I believed the transition from a macro management style of play to a micromanagement style was very tough. I liked War3, but not to the level as I did with war2 and SC. Many of the famous SC and War2 players didn't like War3 because the style was so different. I remember Tillerman (a former top War2 and SC player) criticized how war3 had the lack of macro aspects, which I agreed. There were players who were good at macro and bad at micro and those good at micro and bad at macro.

PS: Tillerman was a douche. He's the guy you'll love and hate at the same time.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: invidia
As an old old school war2 and SC player, I believed the transition from a macro management style of play to a micromanagement style was very tough. I liked War3, but not to the level as I did with war2 and SC. Many of the famous SC and War2 players didn't like War3 because the style was so different. I remember Tillerman (a former top War2 and SC player) criticized how war3 had the lack of macro aspects, which I agreed. There were players who were good at macro and bad at micro and those good at micro and bad at macro.

PS: Tillerman was a douche. He's the guy you'll love and hate at the same time.

Not only was he bitter at losing, but he was ugly as hell. Some of the photoshop pics of him were just too funny.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

Care to elaborate?

World of Warcraft has consumed Blizzard's soul. I sincerely hope they still have the talent to make a good game, but WoW, its current expansion and its upcoming expansion are/will be garbage.

WC3 wasn't bad, I enjoyed the SP aspect. It was the upkeep feature that I really didn't like. Games were quicker because the goldmines were smaller and armies had to be kept small or get slammed with massive overhead costs.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Care to elaborate?

World of Warcraft has consumed Blizzard's soul. I sincerely hope they still have the talent to make a good game, but WoW, its current expansion and its upcoming expansion are/will be garbage.

WC3 wasn't bad, I enjoyed the SP aspect. It was the upkeep feature that I really didn't like. Games were quicker because the goldmines were smaller and armies had to be kept small or get slammed with massive overhead costs.

with SC2 they're keeping the large scale though - they made that very clear. Going WC3 with SC2 would alienate the entire SC community

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I just don't know if I can get excited by something that doesn't seem to be much more than a graphics update. Oh, and in regards to the WC3 hating, I have to say that I LOVE WC3. I still play it often. It seems to me that if you were a hardcore SC fan, then WC3 is just not at all what you're looking for (upkeeps, low unit cap, heroes, etc.), but as an RPG fan I can say that I thought WC3 was a huge improvement.

dds14u

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Micromanagement in WC3 is what gives it more dynamic play. It IS different than Starcraft...that's what a lot of people didn't realize and began hating it because they could not play it the same way. And true, micro takes a little more paying attention, this game probably has the highest learning curve of all of Blizzard's games. IMHO though it is right up there with all of Blizzard's other best titles.