News Roe v. Wade overturned

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Look at Moscow Mitch and Susan Collins going to Ukraine, trying to wash off the stink with a Zelenskyy photo op.

Repugs, you people disgust me. Ukrainian freedom is convenient, American freedom (for women) not so much. I do hope Susan Collins gets to hear all about how raped Ukrainian women can't get abortions in right wing Poland. She should be made to work at refugee hospital, let her tend to some young girls who were gang raped almost to death.

Last edited:

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Alito, et. al., wants to force what I and many consider to be 'cruel and unusual punishment' on women that want abortions. Having unwanted babies that they can't afford to take care of, and no infant formula to feed them.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Because people actually realize there is nothing they can do to stop it. Even voting doesn't matter anymore in many states and the GOP is obtaining even more control over the levers of elections.

It has been said by some very powerful leaders in American finance, and of corporations that the average voter IS NOT SMART ENOUGH to vote. That the average voter can not possibly understand the consequences of their vote. Some financial leaders are outraged that an average joe blow voter can make decisions at the ballot box that can effect the entire US economy in so many ways. And that the only people involved in voting should be those running the banks and sitting on the board of directors and heading the corporations and making decisions, only they should be involved and never the general public. The average voter could never understand about THE BIG PICTURE.

So when you think about it, is THIS not where we are heading? Where we may be at already in America?
Donald Trump will not accept that the ""voters"" did not chose him, and instead choosing Joe Biden. Donald Trump believes this as an unacceptable outcome and thus only Donald Trump should be allowed to decide whether or not he won or lost an election. In this case Donald Trump is only looking at ""his"" big picture, the BIG PICTURE of Donald Trump. And F@@K the voters, what the hell could they know about THE BIG PICTURE?

Mar 11, 2004
I'm guessing most people will be in the "it won't happen to me" camp about abortion. Once they start in on birth control, though, probably a different story.

Once the anti-abortion psychopathic women start losing their friends to backdoor abortions, or getting charged with murder and the other things that right wingers are openly talking about now, I think it might start to affect them. And guys when their wives start getting charged with murder for miscarriages.

I'm not sure why that's not being talked about. They are openly discussing making abortion codified as outright murder. And they're already trying to charge women that have miscarriages with murder. Its very obvious that banning abortion is not where this ends, and anyone that thinks that was ever the actual intent is a fool. This is about controlling women.

And yeah, not sure what happens once they go after birth control. Then again, since its obvious what their actual goal is, they'll likely just criminalize women, except when signed off by a man in their life (husband, father). I'm guessing we'll see a LOT of vasectomies and they'll probably be covered by health care. And then, they'll probably codify rape as being "legitimate rape" if it results in a pregnancy, making it so guys that get vasectomies are free to rape. And chances are they'll find a way to punish the women for being raped and not the actual rapist (i.e. if she has a miscarriage or say a mental breakdown they'll make her carry it to birth and then take it away from her, while probably making her pay child support to the father and whomever adopts the baby). People think that's being hyperbolic. I don't think some of you realize how fucked in the head a lot of guys and religious people are with regards to this stuff.

Mar 11, 2004
Look at Moscow Mitch and Susan Collins going to Ukraine, trying to wash off the stink with a Zelenskyy photo op.

Repugs, you people disgust me. Ukrainian freedom is convenient, American freedom (for women) not so much. I do hope Susan Collins gets to hear all about how raped Ukrainian women can't get abortions in right wing Poland. She should be made to work at refugee hospital, let her tend to some young girls who were gang raped almost to death.

If you think that will change her opinion you're mistaken. She's Jackasslass levels of willfully ignorant and enabling of right wing insanity with their minds justifying it to themselves that somehow liberals are just as bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Justice who refused to recuse himself from a case tied to possible criminal conduct by his wife claims it’s the leak that has eroded trust in this institution.

‘You begin to look over your shoulder. It’s like kind of an infidelity,’

Thomas said conservatives have never employed the harsh tactics of the left.

“You would never visit Supreme Court justices’ houses when things didn’t go our way,” Thomas said. “We didn’t throw temper tantrums. I think it is incumbent on us to always act appropriately and not repay tit for tat.” [note: very, very few decisions of the Roberts Court have not gone their way]

Asked if conservatives were living up to the “mantra” of civility in politics, he said: “They’ve never trashed a Supreme Court nominee. The most they can point to is Garland did not get a hearing, but he was not trashed.”

Trashed, indeed…

d7d1435b15c572d16b59aa959e92df24.jpg
Who is this "we" he is talking about. So not non-partisan, not objective. I thought it was about the law.

Reactions: Pohemi and UNCjigga

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If you think that will change her opinion you're mistaken. She's Jackasslass levels of willfully ignorant and enabling of right wing insanity.

Right wing authoritarians are infamous for not giving a shit about something until it's either right up in their faces or affects them personally (or both). It's worth a shot, but it's nothing I'd put money on if it makes you feel any better.

Oh, paging Luna and the rest of the brain washed Fox cult: Far Right is doxxing judges for assassinations

Meanwhile, peaceful protestors outside Boof Kavanaugh's home in Chevy Chase MD are being given wine, cheese and restroom access by his neighbors. BothSides!

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The same Party who praised the murderous dictator attacking Ukraine.

Zelensky knows he has to make nice with Republican scum. They could and would fuck up their aid.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Once the anti-abortion psychopathic women start losing their friends to backdoor abortions, or getting charged with murder and the other things that right wingers are openly talking about now, I think it might start to affect them. And guys when their wives start getting charged with murder for miscarriages.

I'm not sure why that's not being talked about. They are openly discussing making abortion codified as outright murder. And they're already trying to charge women that have miscarriages with murder. Its very obvious that banning abortion is not where this ends, and anyone that thinks that was ever the actual intent is a fool. This is about controlling women.

And yeah, not sure what happens once they go after birth control. Then again, since its obvious what their actual goal is, they'll likely just criminalize women, except when signed off by a man in their life (husband, father). I'm guessing we'll see a LOT of vasectomies and they'll probably be covered by health care. And then, they'll probably codify rape as being "legitimate rape" if it results in a pregnancy, making it so guys that get vasectomies are free to rape. And chances are they'll find a way to punish the women for being raped and not the actual rapist (i.e. if she has a miscarriage or say a mental breakdown they'll make her carry it to birth and then take it away from her, while probably making her pay child support to the father and whomever adopts the baby). People think that's being hyperbolic. I don't think some of you realize how fucked in the head a lot of guys and religious people are with regards to this stuff.
99.99% of the people in this country don't have a clue how over turning Roe vs Wade will open pandora's box and how it will adversely effect nearly everyone across the nation, not just women, but in the end, men too... Wait till they make masturbation illegal.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
99.99% of the people in this country don't have a clue how over turning Roe vs Wade will open pandora's box and how it will adversely effect nearly everyone across the nation, not just women, but in the end, men too... Wait till they make masturbation illegal.

maybe dick pills will be next, lol yea right. But without the right to body autonomy the list of potentialities goes on and on

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think we should accept the words from Clarence Thomas that the court is damaged and as a solution simply abolish the supreme court entirely. Then, this corrupted worthless abomination of a court would be rendered harmless to do further damage.
As a replacement, place the final decisions into the hands of the voters. You could do it on a state by state basis then the majority decision becomes national law. Or, hold a nation wide vote by ballot and the winning side rules.

For abortion as an example, let the entire country vote then what the majority decides becomes the law of the land. That decision would truly be what the majority wants. If polls show that 60 percent are in favor of keeping Roe vs Wade, a nation wide ballot would prove or disapprove those poll statistics while also providing the final decision. By abolishing the supreme court, Thomas and wife Ginni could act as looney as looney can be and no one would care because never again would their perverted lifestyle affect you and me.

• Haha
Reactions: nakedfrog

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think we should accept the words from Clarence Thomas that the court is damaged and as a solution simply abolish the supreme court entirely. Then, this corrupted worthless abomination of a court would be rendered harmless to do further damage.
As a replacement, place the final decisions into the hands of the voters. You could do it on a state by state basis then the majority decision becomes national law. Or, hold a nation wide vote by ballot and the winning side rules.

For abortion as an example, let the entire country vote then what the majority decides becomes the law of the land. That decision would truly be what the majority wants. If polls show that 60 percent are in favor of keeping Roe vs Wade, a nation wide ballot would prove or disapprove those poll statistics while also providing the final decision. By abolishing the supreme court, Thomas and wife Ginni could act as looney as looney can be and no one would care because never again would their perverted lifestyle affect you and me.

For some things the SC rules on might be suitable for Referendum, but not all. For Abortion I think it makes a lot of sense, but that should be done through Congress and not at the cost of the Court system itself.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
American the “great democracy” would never do this. They hated a single monarch ruling. Nah let’s have a bunch of corrupt rich people instead running the show. But referendum votes should decide consequential topics. Vote on the abortion. Vote on gun regulations. Vote on vaccine and mask requirements. Vote on the EC. Hell, vote on scraping the stupid 300 year old parchment paper that no longer applies to todays world.

Reactions: Pohemi

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

When I say this is a crazy unpopular thing that Republicans are going to do anyway you don't have to take my word for it. They will do other crazy unpopular things (ban same sex marriage, contraception, prosecute women who get abortions, etc) too.

For the "but Nebraska is a red state" crowd this question was polled in TX after SB8 happened and:

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 9.59.19 AM.png

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3822

Republicans are unconcerned if they force a policy onto the entire country that fewer than 20% of Americans agree with and to a certain extent they are right since they keep getting elected. Though everything has limits including the ongoing willingness of most Americans to bless this system with legitimacy.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Too late. At the time the minority on the court mused about that very thing. Now that kind of radical thinking is in the SCOTUS majority. Stay tuned...
Scalia Warned in Lawrence v. Texas Dissent That Striking Down Sodomy Laws Would Lead to Gay Marriage | Politics | US News

State laws against bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest, prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and obscenity ... every single one of these laws is called into question by today's decision.