Say what you want about Ubisoft, but...

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Rayman Origins is one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are some of the most drop dead gorgeous I've seen, and the animation's just killer. The sound's great and controls are just about perfect. I just played for about an hour straight and it seems they got everything right here. People who love platforms but hate Ubisoft need to make an exception and buy this.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Rayman Origins is one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are some of the most drop dead gorgeous I've seen, and the animation's just killer. The sound's great and controls are just about perfect. I just played for about an hour straight and it seems they got everything right here. People who love platforms but hate Ubisoft need to make an exception and buy this.

...or better yet, buy it USED on a console. :sneaky:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
...or better yet, buy it USED on a console. :sneaky:

Indeed, it would look absolutely killer on a big ass Plasma or LCD. Graphically it should look about the same on the console versions. Whatever the case this is a game that shouldn't be passed up by platform lovers. It's 2d only, but the execution on everything's damn near flawless.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Agreed. I'm actually playing it in the vita, but the PC version was almost bought before I got it. It just oozes charm and it does pretty much everything right from a platformer perspective.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I can never say no to a platformer, so I'll be downloading the demo when I get home.

Any other notable platformers that have recently released? Played (and loved) Trine 1 and 2, especially having local co-op made them a lot of fun.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I can never say no to a platformer, so I'll be downloading the demo when I get home.

Any other notable platformers that have recently released? Played (and loved) Trine 1 and 2, especially having local co-op made them a lot of fun.

Not recent recent, but there's the new Sonic game, haven't bought it yet myself. But I plan on definitely picking it up before too much longer.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
It could be the most awesome game ever produced, but because Ubisoft is behind it I will not buy it.