Saw the Summer Sanitarium concert in NC last night. Sacatool was right! F-ing ROCKED!!!!!

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
All I can say is if you can get tickets you better go. Kid Rock and Metallica were so good. I thought Kid Rock put on a damn good show till Metallica came out. Their show was 10 times better too. I don't know about Sacatool's concert but Metallica came back out to 4 curtain calls. No one would leave so they just kept playing. Played just about 3 hours. Whole concert was about 8 hours.

Great Great Show!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the best part was we were about 20 feet from the stage.

Viper22

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
July 4th OH YEA!!!!!! Ringing in Freedom with Metallica now thats a Day!! heheehhe

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Katonburg! :) You know it's not over until Lars gives out a half dozen drum sticks :) (I got one of Kirk's picks! Woohoo! :))

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
You know Chooie,

It was weird because after the first set we thought it was over. Kurt and Lars were throwing picks and Lars was throwing drumsticks. Then after about 20 minutes and no one leaving they came back out the first time. Then after about an hour and half later and 3 more reappearances they finally :( left.

Man my ears are still ringing. Man that show was awsome. When they played "One" the fireworks, stage lights, and pyro was unbelieveable. Viper you are going to love the show, I promise.

Oh the only bad thing was System of a Down sucked a$$. They were basically booed off of the stage but PowerMan 5000 was GREAT. Then Kid Rock came out and blew the place up. He put on one hell of a show. Really got the crowd into it. Korn came out and so did the RAIN! Poured for about 30 minutes. Then half way through the Metallica show it poured and lightened for about an hour!! That kicked a$$ :) :)

Freeze

Oct 15, 1999
I was at the kickoff in Foxboro. Awesome show. I agree, System of a Down kinda sucked (not a huge fan of theirs) but the other bands more than made up for it. If you don't have tickets, you should get some. I think there were only 3 curtain calls for us. :( Show was about 8 hours as well.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
sweet sweet sweet!!!!!!

this sunday 9th, ill be there, and im a huge fan of all of the bands so man i just hope its half as good as yall are saying, our concert will be indoors in texas stadium. its starts at 4 pm plus eight hours hmmm damn done by midnight then have to drive 2 hours to get back home :( and go to class the next morning ohh well, it better be worth it.

dam()

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
I was impressed with SOAD's show. For a band that just recently released their album (well within the past year or so) they had quite a following. I've listened to SOAD for about a year now, and I was really happy to watch them play. The only thing that sucked is that they had to be one-upped by 4 successive bands :p