saw the movie "saw" on dvd last night...

tmc

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2001
yes i know that movie is quite old. lots of holes in the plot and the story didn't have a coherent flow.

i have seen some parts of "saw II" earlier (couldn't see the full movie).

i guess won't be seeing the other movies in the series.

did u like the "saw" series? which is the best?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
haven't seen it. but it's prob.a cheap to make hack/slash/saw money maker for the hollywood idiots. and a poor excuse for entertainment.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
It's a cheap, thrilling, hack-and-slash popcorn flick. It's not a documentary on world peace. What did you expect it to be? Don't think too much, just enjoy the carnage and suspense.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Cary Elwes is one of those actors that isn't flashy or ultra talented but I end up liking him in almost every movie he does.

ConwayJim

Dec 16, 2004
agreed...can't stomach that crap; terrible films...not even campy enough to enjoy them..

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Gothgar
what's with all the horror film hate?

I like horror films, even if they suck

I like films usually if they're good.

Slimline

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2004
Saw I was the only saw I thought was any good really. From part 2 onward they just got more gruesome. Although i think it was part 2 that had that needle pit. That scene still gives me shivers lol.

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
When I watched Saw I thought the same thing, it was just a uninspiriing waste of space...don't see why they made FIVE of them...horrible movies...Hostile on the other hand was the first horror flick that Ive seen in awhile that seemed to be good and had decent acting too.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Originally posted by: AndroidVageta
When I watched Saw I thought the same thing, it was just a uninspiriing waste of space...don't see why they made FIVE of them...horrible movies...Hostile on the other hand was the first horror flick that Ive seen in awhile that seemed to be good and had decent acting too.

aka bewbies

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I saw the first and thought it was OK, but as soon as I saw the second one I knew where the series was going and I haven't seen another since.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Nik
It's a cheap, thrilling, hack-and-slash popcorn flick. It's not a documentary on world peace. What did you expect it to be? Don't think too much, just enjoy the carnage and suspense.

lack of suspense in any real sense. just slasher, that's it. "entertaining" is used loosely here.

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
I've seen the entire series, and I'll admit I was entertained. Granted, none of them were earth shattering, but decent nonetheless. Meh, to each their own.