Saw an interesting post on Facebook

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
I was viewing one of the manyyyy arguments over the middle east and came across this post:

Mr. Hamaady, your arrogance is surprising. Have you forgotten the 10 million Kashmiris (100,000+ dead since 1989), the Chechens, the Bosnians (200,000 Muslims dead in two years), the Baluchis (whose voice of opposition to Punjabi hegemony in Islamabad, Akbar Bugti was just killed by Pakistani Security forces), the Kurds--who number over 26 million--where are their states? Israel and the LIBERATED territories of 1967 are barely the size of New Jersey, yet Arab oil money and Arab political hegemony in the Islamic world make it feel as if the Muslims in all these regions number for less than 100,000.
As for Israel's legitimacy? How many wars must the Jewish people fight against the Arabs to prove their worth: Israel is here to stay Insha'Allah.
Israel is a nation of upward mobiility. Half of her Supreme Court is Arab, the Consul-General for the San Francisco Consulate of the Israeli Embassy is a practicing Muslim, and I'm proud to say a friend of mine :). If one looks at the so called "racist" laws implemented by Israel, we find they are nothing in comparison to those of religous intolerance in Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia--the latter banning the construction of anything but Sunni Mosques run by Arabs in its border. Arrogance? The Arabs have much more of it. Regardless of how long one lives in any Gulf Arab nation, if he is not born ethnically as an Arab, he is denied citizenship. In Israel, regardless of your backround, if your born in Israeli land, you're Israeli. And why shouldn't the United States support Israel? We have 6 million Jews in this nation--6 million voting citizens who aspire to democracy and decency. Of the 1 (not 6) million Muslims in America, few are registered to vote, fewer consider America home, fewer feel any sense duty to this nation, regardless of what is invested in us via public schooling, Medicaid, aid to religious organizations, police protection and even programs sponsoring tolerance and understanding of Islam. So in other words--the Jews worked hard as Americans and are reeping the benefits: respect as a minority and a voice in Washington.
The Palestinians are weak? Are you aware the Palestinians have the most freedom of any Arab people, politically speaking? Was it an Israeli who suicide bombed a Sbarro Pizza during Ramadan or an Arab during Passover? The Palestinians have guns, bombs, hatred, a Parliament, freedom of speech, and the ability to cause havoc across the world--remember the Sirhan Sirhan (the assasin of Robert F. Kennedy) is a Palestinian who was angry with American support of Israeli democracy.

Palestine will be free one day, I'm afraid.
...Israel will be too, insha'Allah

Interesting no? An arab praising Israel? I've never seen such a thing.

-SZ

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I praise Israel too. I like Salman Rushdie's description of it being a man in a region full of weak women. :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What is good is good and what is evil is evil and the human heart knows what is what. We are all the same.