Saudi Arabia believes the world is safer because Bush invaded Iraq

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Building a fence
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- In a sign of regional concern over terrorism, Saudi Arabia is pushing ahead with plans to build a fence along its entire 560-mile (900-kilometer) border with Iraq to prevent terrorists from entering the kingdom from the chaotic north.
---
The ambitious project reflects not only concern over terrorism but also growing alarm over the situation in Iraq, where U.S. forces are struggling to prevent Sunni-Shiite violence from escalating to full-scale civil war. (Watch as one analyst says U.S. strategy is flawed -- 1:45)
So . . . I guess it's going pretty well in Iraq.

"What's happened there is nothing short of a miracle," Senator James Inhoffe (R-OK), speaking on Bush's war in Iraq, August 21, 2006, in front of the Tulsa Chamber.
Obviously, the Saudis didn't consult Inhoffe.

U.S. and Iraqi officials have long complained about Saudi extremists crossing into Iraq -- mostly through Syria -- to join the battle against American and coalition forces.

However, Obaid said improvements in border surveillance had sharply reduced the traffic heading north. He said the Saudi government is more concerned -- at this point -- with infiltration into its territory from Iraq.

"More importantly, the main issue is to seal the border on the Iraqi side since there has been almost no [Iraqi security] presence since the U.S. invasion," Obaid said.
Damn . . . just like the Mexican border.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
You can fence yourself in but you can't fence the world out.

Long term, the house of Faud is living on borrowed time.---and could go quicker than the Shah.

As the terrorist win in Iraq---the house of Faud is endangered. It will be the ultimate irony is GWB's brainfart to invade Iraq topples the current government of Saudia Arabia---outside of Israel--our only
ally in the Mid-East.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Of course they do because all the extremist they've been breeding due to their gluttonous monarchy have had their attentions diverted temporarily to Iraq. Once they change their focus back onto Saudi soil that will change real quick and real fast as there is no Saddam style secular dictator to round up muslims who are "to religous" like Saddam used to do in Iraq.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Worse yet, they are inordinately proud that they are the birthplace of Islam---adn nowhere else is Wahabism so strong---and the house of Faud's decision to let the US
base troops there during Gulf war 1 under GHB that puts the house of Faud on the no no list for Wahabists---and is precisely why Ossama Bin Laden was exciled when he
broke with the house of Faud over that troop basing issue.

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Lemon law
You can fence yourself in but you can't fence the world out.

Long term, the house of Faud is living on borrowed time.---and could go quicker than the Shah.

As the terrorist win in Iraq---the house of Faud is endangered. It will be the ultimate irony is GWB's brainfart to invade Iraq topples the current government of Saudia Arabia---outside of Israel--our only
ally in the Mid-East.

House of SAUD. SAUD! That's why it's called SAUDi Arabia.

Christ, worse then when I have to correct you smacktards on Voila.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
ouch! lol. hey horus, i bet you're a teacher or prof and you just got home after a long frustrating day of battling a bunch of kids so totally OD'd on hormones and mtv that it's rendered them into un-teachable slobbering sex maniacs. if you are, i feel for you and offer you my deepest condolences. j/k :D;)

*on topic* - the saudi's, imho, are only looking out for their own best interests and in true middle-eastern form will favor and feed only those goats that provide the tastiest and most copious amounts of milk.

horus, i'll have you know i had to look up at least six words to make sure i spelled them correctly in this posting so i would not suffer from your wrath. i think i've developed a complex over this. ;)

note - grammar and diction correction welcomed. j/k again ;)

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
Originally posted by: tweaker2
ouch! lol. hey horus, i bet you're a teacher or prof and you just got home after a long frustrating day of battling a bunch of kids so totally OD'd on hormones and mtv that it's rendered them into un-teachable slobbering sex maniacs. if you are, i feel for you and offer you my deepest condolences. j/k :D;)

*on topic* - the saudi's, imho, are only looking out for their own best interests and in true middle-eastern form will favor and feed only those goats that provide the tastiest and most copious amounts of milk.

horus, i'll have you know i had to look up at least six words to make sure i spelled them correctly in this posting so i would not suffer from your wrath. i think i've developed a complex over this. ;)

note - grammar and diction correction welcomed. j/k again ;)

LOL. I wanna be a teacher.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Worse yet, they are inordinately proud that they are the birthplace of Islam---adn nowhere else is Wahabism so strong---and the house of Faud's decision to let the US
base troops there during Gulf war 1 under GHB that puts the house of Faud on the no no list for Wahabists---and is precisely why Ossama Bin Laden was exciled when he
broke with the house of Faud over that troop basing issue.

That, and because before inviting the US to kick Saddam out of Kuwait they had turned down an offer from OBL to kick him out using Al Qaida.