Saturn's new Sky Roadster looks nice...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
Originally posted by: Shawn
Originally posted by: l Xes l
Sky
Only 170HP... and made by Saturn... and still looks niiccee... i'd be interested in it if it was by any other company than Saturn...

BADGE WHORE FTW

????

It only has 2 badges on it. :confused:

i'd be interested in it if it was by any other company than Saturn...

perfect signs of a badge whore.

that is lame. if a company produces crap for quality then there is nothing wrong with not being interested in their products.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: alien42
Sky
Only 170HP... and made by Saturn... and still looks niiccee... i'd be interested in it if it was by any other company than Saturn...

BADGE WHORE FTW

????

that is lame. if a company produces crap for quality then there is nothing wrong with not being interested in their products.

their reliability is right at industry average... not crap.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Sky

BADGE WHORE FTW

????

their reliability is right at or above industry average... not crap.

fixed

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Sky

BADGE WHORE FTW

????

fixed

no, they have 240 w/ industry average of 237, hence they are at avg.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Sky

BADGE WHORE FTW

????

fixed

no, they have 240 w/ industry average of 237, hence they are at avg.

well i'm not going by Saturn, i'm just saying that GM is capable of producing some high quality cars, such as Buick

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There's nothing wrong with Saturn and this is a very nice looking car.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
i'm waiting in line until the 2nd year. probably will have more standard options, and have some of the kinks worked out found from this yr's model

Abel007

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Tom

I drive a Saturn. Have owned 2. This could possibly be my third. Not sure why anyone would hate a car maker with such conviction as some of these posters. I guess if it isn't labeled with BMW or Mercedes it must be crap!

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
I'd give a supercharged/turbo Sky a looksie. Def like the looks of the Sky over the Solstice, they're supposed to be making a like 220HP version of one I think. Can't remember

I'd rather have a Sky with an LS7 in it :)

Balance would probably go to pot, though.

I could live with it - until I hit a tree :D

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I'd give a supercharged/turbo Sky a looksie. Def like the looks of the Sky over the Solstice, they're supposed to be making a like 220HP version of one I think. Can't remember

That ruins the point of a small roadster. You kill any balance the car has to begin with, and the minute you stomp the gas the engine will twist the frame around and if you are trying to turn when that happens its bad news. Just turbo or supercharge and tune the existing engine to 250 or so horse and that'd be ideal.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus

That ruins the point of a small roadster. You kill any balance the car has to begin with, and the minute you stomp the gas the engine will twist the frame around and if you are trying to turn when that happens its bad news. Just turbo or supercharge and tune the existing engine to 250 or so horse and that'd be ideal.

The next version of it will have a 2.0L turbo charged engine that produces 260hp/260ft-lbs of torque, give or take a few, which will be great.

And, MIKEMIKE, seems they don't. Although that is an LS2 rather than the LS7. I could go for either one though ;)

HexiumVII

Dec 11, 2005
damn saturn. Its like a fat ugly girl in elem school turned hot. I might think about it. A bit more than a cheapo stang, maybe i can make some weird european name up for the badge and when everyone asks what that is i'll say something like "why its a Burozi Es Kay Whi" :)

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
What's wrong with Saturn? It looks hot.

If anything, you'd probably be more likely to drive this thing like it was meant to be driven instead of being so anal about it because of the badge.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Abel007
Originally posted by: Tom

I drive a Saturn. Have owned 2. This could possibly be my third. Not sure why anyone would hate a car maker with such conviction as some of these posters. I guess if it isn't labeled with BMW or Toyota it must be crap!

Fixed