satellitetvtopc.com - any experiences?

mset

Oct 12, 2005
Hi guys

My Dad is a cricket fan and he found this site on cricketnext.com

http://www.satellitetvtopc.com

Does anyone have any idea about the reliability/authenticity of this service? It says that there is a one time $49.95 fee for the software and then you are good to go. Things that sound too good to be true usually are, right? I alwasy wonder of the service will be around 3 months fro mnow or if there are horrible reception/downtime/service quality issues with these things.

Anyhow, there's a big match this Saturday that he wants to watch, so he wants to know if he should sign up. Any info is appreciated.

mset

Oct 12, 2005
http://myp2p.eu/Introduction.htm

Another site that says it provides the same thing free.

So this is P2P file sharing? And you need to allow info to be uploaded from your PC as well as the downloads that are coming in?

So what's the business model here?

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
myp2p.eu gives links to channels broadcast on sopcast , TVU player etc... There was a huge thread on ATOT about legality of such channels...don't know what the conclusion was..

BTW, what game?

EDIT: My friend bought the worldcup final (one-day) from a website for $15.... Those bastards just provided him with the myp2p.eu website.

mset

Oct 12, 2005
Hi comp-n

I think it's the Australia- India game..? Is that going on this Saturday? :)

lol... I'm not much of a cricket fan myself.

Looks like I'll give myp2p.eu a try on my rig and then set him up with it if it seems okay. Something about installing this stuff on my rig gives me the creeps, though.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Don Rodriguez
Watch baseball. American's took a good thing and made it much better :)

Cricket>baseball, unless you've got the attention span of a gnat (and now they've got 20/20 for even those!) ;)

mset

Oct 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
I use Sopcast for stuff i cant get.
Okay... myp2p seems to have something to do with Sopcast..

EDIT: Okay, checked out the Sopcast site. I'll try to determine whether the content we're looking for would be available there. It now seems to me that myp2p and the first one I linked to is a program that allows connectivity to multiple 'sopcast-like' servers. I don't necessarily even want that since we do not want any other content besides the sports.
Originally posted by: dug777
I just watch it live, free to air :eek:

I wish we could but we don't get it up here (Canada).

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777

Cricket>baseball, unless you've got the attention span of a gnat (and now they've got 20/20 for even those!) ;)

Uh...baseball requires great attention to detail. Not sure what you're talking about.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I guess the dish charge is too high? I remember it getting upwards of $40 for one weekend in the past.

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Zee Sports is on free preview now on DishNetwork....watching the Ind vs Aus 2nd ODI at Kochi, India right now. I watched 20/20 on sopcast. www.tnlcricket.com has folks posting sopcast links regularly.

EDIT: ZEESA Channel 576

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002

Watching Baseball is like watching the highlights of all the maiden overs from a 5-day Cricket Test Match :p