Sarah Silverman - The spreading of misinformation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
If she was actually making fun of all the false-flagging that was going on at the time, I'd have to change my opinion.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If she was actually making fun of all the false-flagging that was going on at the time, I'd have to change my opinion.
"False flagging" as in a preacher encouraging his congregation to kill her and other Jews?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Try sticking to what he actually said.

It was bad enough.
Yes, bad enough that my take on what he said is in no way unfair. And you're upset at Silverman for bringing those words to the public's attention.. why? I mean, I'm not a fan either, seriously, but I didn't feel the need to bring that up in a thread about how she'd attacked by vicious antisemiticism.

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
So what's the problem then?
If she meant that tweet I posted as a joke, there isn't one, and I have a newfound appreciation for her sense of humor.

And I think we can all agree that that preacher's a kook.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Unironically citing a Breitbart piece really doesn't help your case. Their version of humor boils down to "ha! Ha! I hope you get cancer!"

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think there are problems with many on the left who get "offended" by raunchy/impolite/tasteless shock comedy.

Look at the subject of "rape jokes."

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think there are problems with many on the left who get "offended" by raunchy/impolite/tasteless shock comedy.

Look at the subject of "rape jokes."

It's a problem that some people are offended by rape jokes? Is that really surprising?

And if one does "shock comedy" isn't the point that people shall be offended? Would seem it would be a problem if people weren't offended by it..

Reactions: Corn

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It's a problem that some people are offended by rape jokes? Is that really surprising?

And if one does "shock comedy" isn't the point that people shall be offended? Would seem it would be a problem if people weren't offended by it..
You missed the point entirely. A bunch of lefties posted that "the left never has problems with comedy" and there were posts asking for examples, etc.

I simply shared 1 large assortment of examples.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
You missed the point entirely. A bunch of lefties posted that "the left never has problems with comedy" and there were posts asking for examples, etc.

I simply shared 1 large assortment of examples.
(very slowly) noooo. You said "the left" has been *attacking* comedians. Unless your definition is absurd I don't think a person on Twitter saying they think rape jokes offends them is "attacking". Not in the same way this pastor did.

That must the whiniest snowflake shit I have ever heard if some comedian tells rape jokes, the get mad that some people are offended and think they are a jerk for it. That's their job! They're not "silencing" them, they're just saying they're an asshole, not the same thing

Last edited:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
(very slowly) noooo. You said "the left" has been *attacking* comedians. Unless your definition is absurd I don't think a person on Twitter saying they think rape jokes offends them is "attacking". Not in the same way this pastor did.

That must the whiniest snowflake shit I have ever heard if some comedian tells rape jokes, the get mad that some people are offended and think they are a jerk for it. That's their job! They're not "silencing" them, they're just saying they're an asshole, not the same thing
Again, you missed the point, also, I dont recall using words like "attacking", and its not "the left" so much as, a small percentile of the left.