Sarah Palin to be McCain's VP!!

Page 62 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Napalm
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Originally posted by: Citrix

funny how people have backed off on her lack of over all experience.... she has more experience than what Obama has. she runs a state and is commander-in-chief of the national guard. Obama is just a senator he hasn't run crap ever.

It's funny how you little drones repeat the talking points...

that is what you call owned...

humm interesting... so what experience did Clinton have when he was elected President other than being governor of Arkansas?

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
humm interesting... so what experience did Clinton have when he was elected President other than being governor of Arkansas?

Shhhhh. Criticizing Bill Clinton is anathema to liberals. Prepare for your witchburning!

It's funny to see that CNN lady falling over herself trying to explain away Obama's egregious lack of experience by comparison to the other party's VP pick. When you have to compare your dem P pick to the rep's VP pick (and fail the experience test), you know you are in a world of hurt.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

funny how people have backed off on her lack of over all experience.... she has more experience than what Obama has. she runs a state and is commander-in-chief of the national guard. Obama is just a senator he hasn't run crap ever.

It's funny how you little drones repeat the talking points...

I'll point out that as Governor of Alaska, you have to deal with Japanese, Koreans, and Canadians all the time in regards to fishing, oil and other resources. Obviously Tucker was not prepared to discuss that issue but his lack of knowledge about Palin doesn't negate the fact that she's not completely devoid of foreign policy experience as some would have us believe.

But, y'know... flame away...

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Women that was for abstinence only in schools.
Her daughter gets pregnant out of wedlock (against the bible)

She obviously can't control it in her own household and am unsure how her policys would help anything.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Druidx
I like how people act as though picking Palin for VP was spur of the moment or totally out of left field. She's been discussed as a possible running mate for months.
It was even called on this very forum 5 months ago.
http://forums.anandtech.com/me...t_key=y&keyword1=palin

I saw a clip on either The Daily Show or Colbert Report where she was asked about being the VP and her response was something about having to learn what a VP actually does. Sounds like even she thought she was a long shot.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Robor
I like how people act as though picking Palin for VP was spur of the moment or totally out of left field. She's been discussed as a possible running mate for months.

I saw a clip on either The Daily Show or Colbert Report where she was asked about being the VP and her response was something about having to learn what a VP actually does. Sounds like even she thought she was a long shot.
Text :laugh:

She needs basic questions about the functions of our executive branch answered for her.

People want to put that into the White House? JFC.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
On a humorous note, I am proposing P&N collectively award the OP on this thread, andy04, the Nostradamus psychic irony award for the topic summery alone. That topic summery of "Damn shes hot" does say it all, however I do not think andy04 meant to include radioactivily HOT and emitting more rem than Chernoble.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004

The government over there in Alaska had about 50 people working for them. Their budget was well off because of the oil up there, so the probability of financial trouble was low. The Obama campaign has a staff of about 2500 people, and are running budgets in excess in the tens of millions.

McCain has no executive experience ether, but George Bush DID and we all know how that turned out. So this arguement is kinda funny.

On a different note: The McCain camp will most certainly be calling the "Gender card" in this election. His senior campaign adviser, has already said that Obama has - because he "was questioning her policies".. God these people are stupid as fuck.

On another note: 18+ million people thought Obama was qualified for the job, and he is not the Democratice nominee for president and whats her face hockey mom was hand picked. Not to confuse people with Biden and Palin as VPs and the top of the ticket, its just a contrast between who the American people thought was qualified to lead this nation in terms of foriegn and domestic policy, this Palin character is lacking in most of those areas hand picked by none other than McSame.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton

She needs basic questions about the functions of our executive branch answered for her.

JFC yourself.

the job of a VP varies widely from president to president, beyond the largely ceremonial duties as president of the senate.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481

JFC yourself.

the job of a VP varies widely from president to president, beyond the largely ceremonial duties as president of the senate.
Don't explain it to me, please contact her and let her know.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
This pretty much explains is it all.

The Democrats just got the election handed to them by McCain on a silver platter.

Hopefully so, 47% of Americans seem to be blind and/or todays youth is not included in the polls as they have cell phones and cannot be contacted. Obama's really going to have to excite young people again towards the election as they tend not to show up on election day.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Coldkilla

The Democrats just got the election handed to them by McCain on a silver platter.

Hopefully so, 47% of Americans seem to be blind and/or todays youth is not included in the polls as they have cell phones and cannot be contacted. Obama's really going to have to excite young people again towards the election as they tend not to show up on election day.

The "today's youths have cell phones and are not included in the polls" BS is the same thing Kerry supporters said back in 2004 when his poll numbers weren't as good as they thought they should be. It turned out that most polls actually OVERESTIMATED the number of Kerry supporters...

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Originally posted by: QED

The "today's youths have cell phones and are not included in the polls" BS is the same thing Kerry supporters said back in 2004 when his poll numbers weren't as good as they thought they should be. It turned out that most polls actually OVERESTIMATED the number of Kerry supporters...

And the youths of today cared about the last election why?

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: QED

And the youths of today cared about the last election why?

Supposedly the same reason that they care about this election. Is your memory faulty, or just selective?

The 2004 Presidential election was supposed to be their final chance to actually vote against the much-hated Bush, instead of this election, where Democrats are trying to convince voters that John McCain will work as a nice substitute to hate in Bush's place.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
With 40 million votes in the Democratic primary, I thought it was clear that we're not the party that will have problems getting people to the polls in November.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481

JFC yourself.

In spite of efforts to spin it otherwise, I think her question about the VP duties was a good one. One I think they all should inquire about.

The Constitution doesn't really address the VP duties, other than to imply you stand around waiting to assume the Presidential duties if need be.

What kind VP will McCain create? Nobody knows yet. Cheney has an usual amount of responsibility; I owuldn't expect palin to be so involved in foreign policy and national security. Gore? Seems like Hillary had a bigger role than him.

I could see McCain carving out a good bit of responsibility for her if he wanted - energy, health care and eductaion to name a few.

But it's a good/fair question now, and nobody knows the answer.

Fern

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

RCP average is 6.4, I think I'd seen that get to as low as 1 earlier last month. With CBS saying he got a 14% boost from women, I wouldn't be surprised if half of his convention bump is actually a Palin bump (the other half coming from that huge turnaround with independents he apparently got).

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Farang

RCP average is 6.4, I think I'd seen that get to as low as 1 earlier last month. With CBS saying he got a 14% boost from women, I wouldn't be surprised if half of his convention bump is actually a Palin bump (the other half coming from that huge turnaround with independents he apparently got).
And with the RNC in the back-page news right now, the GOP won't get any significant bump whatsoever.

I HONESTLY thought it would be a closer race if McCain stuck to the "experience" platform (a category he was winning with voters) and picked someone like Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman. Palin is imploding so fast, now I honestly think Obama will open up a 10 point lead going into October once the press is done tearing her to shreds.

One truth in this country is that if you repeat something enough times, people tend to believe it (just take WMDs in Iraq as an example). So with this constant barrage of coverage on Palin, nearly all of it asking "is she ready to lead", plus the slow drip of less than favorable news about her...it's going to cause a slow and steady migration of voters away from McCain.