Sarah Palin to be McCain's VP!!

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Reverend Orbit
Originally posted by: Rat Tailed Old Guy
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
McTraitor slimed America by appointing, while a foot and a half in the grave, a nobody twit of a woman to be our next President, just to get votes, and all so that the filth that has really run this country into the ground can continue to make more and more money,

Anybody who votes for this disgusting pair is a traitor too.

LOL! Someone needs to make a list of all the great quotes the libs here are falling all over each other to make!
Your ilk's well known for making and keeping lists, maybe you should do it.

Hey if I started with you the list would already be 44,794 quotes long! No thanks, too busy out here is the real world.
Keeping tract of your neighbors is more than enough huh?

:confused: No I was referring to your unhealthy ammount of time spent on these forums. Try to keep up.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
McTraitor slimed America by appointing, while a foot and a half in the grave, a nobody twit of a woman to be our next President, just to get votes, and all so that the filth that has really run this country into the ground can continue to make more and more money,

LOL! Someone needs to make a list of all the great quotes the libs here are falling all over each other to make!

Hey if I started with you the list would already be 44,794 quotes long! No thanks, too busy out here is the real world.

Somebody has to do it
:shocked:

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

Somebody has to do it

Point Proven

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Reverend Wingnut

Somebody has to do it

Point Proven
:thumbsup:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ja1484
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
If nothing else, McCain selecting Palin has been an absolutely wonderful source of amusement, watching the frothing at the mouth liberals come up with all sorts of absurd idiotic stories to try and attack the selection when they simply don't have a real line of attack. "Baby is not hers!", "he only talked to her once!", "she has no experience!" (has more than Obama who's running for pres, not VP), "she's a soccer mom!", "she's a republican hack!". It's absolutely hilarious, keep'em coming folks :)

Just so we're clear, I agree, that's hilarious, and I also think there's no end of fun to the republican goobers who love her.

Taking politics seriously = lose. People need more Bill Hicks. Repeat after me: Taking life seriously is a waste of time.

Who said anything about loving her? Check the threads. There are 5 seperate attack threads by your local libs, yet not one circle jerk thread by the repubs. Who has the fascination with Palin, afterall?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
wow. It's too bad that there is no other way to find out about someone other than meeting and talking to them directly. If only there were some magic technology that allowed us to find out about people without meeting them. You democrats are right, McCain doesn't stand a chance.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Would you say it's fair or unfair for a Presidential candidate who's sole responsibilities and duties are to show up and vote on issues (which is 90% of the time the same as the majority of the Democrat party) to question the experience of a VP candidate who's responsibilities are running an entire state?
I think it's fair, just as it's fair to question the qualifications of Senators and former Representatives who run for president or vice president. It's too bad more people didn't thoroughly question the qualifications of governors of weak-governor states (like Texas) for the presidency.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
If nothing else, McCain selecting Palin has been an absolutely wonderful source of amusement, watching the frothing at the mouth liberals come up with all sorts of absurd idiotic stories to try and attack the selection when they simply don't have a real line of attack. "Baby is not hers!", "he only talked to her once!", "she has no experience!" (has more than Obama who's running for pres, not VP), "she's a soccer mom!", "she's a republican hack!". It's absolutely hilarious, keep'em coming folks :)

If nothing else, McCain selecting Palin has been an absolutely wonderful source of amusement, watching the frothing at the mouth neo-cons come up with all sorts of absurd idiotic stories to try and backup the selection when they simply don't have a real line of defense. "Russia is close to Alaska", "She was the governor (for twenty months)!", "She has boobs! " (has more than Obama who's running for pres, not VP), "she's a soccer mom!", "she's a card carrying member of the NRA!". It's absolutely hilarious, keep'em coming folks. :)

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
it appears that all the dems have to go on is Palin's lack of experience. That may normally be a big negative, but for obvious reasons to anyone but the most ardent obama supporter it's not. Sadly, dems don't realize that continuing to bring her up will only garner more votes for her. Palin is a hot potato, best bet for dems is to focus on mccain and try to ignore Palin as much as possible. OTOH, dems can't ignore her TOO much as women will see it as another affront to women and the glass ceiling. it's a catch 22 and a brilliant move by Team McCain. I'm also interested in seeing how Biden handles her. I understand why folks think Biden can outdebate her, however the fact that she's a woman means that Biden will have to be careful in how he approaches her and how that affects public perception. Everyone knows obama snagged Biden to be obama's attack dog, but if he comes across the same way against Palin, the american people might see the debate's outcome differently. It's too bad really, dems were hoping america would be talking about obama's speech all weekend, but McCain announced the pick at exactly the right time, and now obama's speech is barely remembered. DNC convention is but an afterthought, and Palin has the limelight for now.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
So a Governor from Alaska has different duties and responsibilities than a governor from Arizona, California, etc?
Well according to Palin, the job consists of three things:

1) Granting open access to drilling

2) Awarding huge subsidies for pipelines

3) Removing environmental protections that compromise aggressive extraction

Then wait for the check from big oil/gas to arrive, send a little extra to your constituency, hunt some moose and force your public safety commissioner out of office.

I dunno... I like those priorities for a state that was purchased SOLELY for its natural resources. Sounds about right. I'm good with that. Good Job Gov. Palin!

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Mayor of Wasilla, AK = ??? Someone got any ideas for this analogy, I'm drawing blanks...high school principal?

Thank you, come again.

Bleacher manager at Wrigley?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
The History Channel is running a Tougher in Alaska marathon today. Is this perchance a tribute to our newest vice presidential candidate?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: techs
I heard it from Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia that McCain had only once met and spoken to Sarah Palin about six months ago for just a couple of minutes before he called her cell phone last week and asked her to be his V.P. candidate?

How the hell would Tim Kaine know?

He's a Dem and was busy trying to get on the Dem ticket.

You act as though Kaine were on McCain's VP vetting team. Ludicrous.

Fern

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII
wow. It's too bad that there is no other way to find out about someone other than meeting and talking to them directly. If only there were some magic technology that allowed us to find out about people without meeting them. You democrats are right, McCain doesn't stand a chance.

Dems are saying such in an effort to prove it was a political move, as if Obama didn't pick his VP for exactly the same reason.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Plus, McCain was tortured for 6 years and doesn't have full motor control in one of his arms. Without question it shows bad judgment that McCain would pick a 44 year old VP with no experience running anything more than the state of Alaska, with most of her time spent as mayor of a 6,000 person town and 5 kids to boot. This seals it for a lot of women too; I talked to two 60+ year old women today who both echoed the same sentiments about poor judgment since he could die in office. Hell, they even said they thought she was too good looking. :laugh:

McCain was given a clean bill of health a couple months ago. Hes not likely to die in the next four years.

McCain is unique in that we'll never know how much true physical harm was done to him in that POW camp. A clean bill of health means little at 72, when you can become rapidly ill very quickly. We already know he has suffered from cancer, etc. He's a good American but he just shouldn't be president when there's a far higher probability he'll die in office (or become sick) than Obama, at which point we'd have Palin running the country. Shows very poor judgment on McCain's part.

This is like saying Obama is unique in that he is black and there is a far higher probability he will be assassinated by some extremist group in this country.

IMHO, this kinda crap, age, race should all stay out of the debate. Why can't people debate about candidate's stand, between the two tickets, there are plenty of differences in political stand/views to debate about.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: rchiu
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Plus, McCain was tortured for 6 years and doesn't have full motor control in one of his arms. Without question it shows bad judgment that McCain would pick a 44 year old VP with no experience running anything more than the state of Alaska, with most of her time spent as mayor of a 6,000 person town and 5 kids to boot. This seals it for a lot of women too; I talked to two 60+ year old women today who both echoed the same sentiments about poor judgment since he could die in office. Hell, they even said they thought she was too good looking. :laugh:

McCain was given a clean bill of health a couple months ago. Hes not likely to die in the next four years.

McCain is unique in that we'll never know how much true physical harm was done to him in that POW camp. A clean bill of health means little at 72, when you can become rapidly ill very quickly. We already know he has suffered from cancer, etc. He's a good American but he just shouldn't be president when there's a far higher probability he'll die in office (or become sick) than Obama, at which point we'd have Palin running the country. Shows very poor judgment on McCain's part.

This is like saying Obama is unique in that he is black and there is a far higher probability he will be assassinated by some extremist group in this country.

IMHO, this kinda crap, age, race should all stay out of the debate. Why can't people debate about candidate's stand, between the two tickets, there are plenty of differences in political stand/views to debate about.

And before people saying out outrageous of a comment that is. I first heard this type of talk from some co-workers who are black. They say they will not be surprised if he is assassinated and actually think it will happen.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I first heard this type of talk from some co-workers who are black. They say they will not be surprised if he is assassinated and actually think it will happen.
Well they do work with you after all.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Fern
I heard it from Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia that McCain had only once met and spoken to Sarah Palin about six months ago for just a couple of minutes before he called her cell phone last week and asked her to be his V.P. candidate?

Fern

you do know mccain's campaign has said the same thing

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Originally posted by: idiotekniQues
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern

you do know mccain's campaign has said the same thing

In an interview McCain himself said this.

And, (no kidding) he talked about a soulmate and her character. Because we all know, we can tell everthing about a person in a few minutes just by looking at them and knowing that very second, "Ah, my soulmate, she can lead 300+million people!"

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
So 7 of the last 11 Presidents lived past 80, more importantly only 3 of the last 11 died prior to 76 the age McCain would be at the end of term one, that is a pretty good track record.

So did they all have 4-5 occurrences of cancer? Especially on the face?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
How does a woman "energize the base" when the base is made up of a large block of evangelicals that believe that a woman shouldn't even be allowed to cut her hair or talk for a man? Hell, most of them don't even believe a woman should be allowed to teach a male in Sunday school after about the age of 10.

Well right there you are showing how misguided you are if you think this is what even a fraction of evangelicals believe.

I just think he said that penguins fly. I known hundreds of what PN would call evangelicals and I've never even heard of this. It's a projection of what he wants them to be rather than reality. I guess that bodes well for McCain. I seriously figured Obama FTW, and he still may however McCain apparently has found a blind side. I'm not crazy about it, but if McCain wins it won't be because he's won over Hillary supporters, but that he's motivated Republicans who might have stayed at home. Remember he isn't their darling, but this woman apparently is conservative and yes, evangelicals will vote for a woman in spite of the apparent belief that they don't use electricity or modern plumbing.
You must lead a sheltered life - like I did before I moved to south georgia. I wouldn't have believed this shit if I hadn't witnessed it.

One of the little local, country churches had a female preacher when I first arrived causing me to believe all of the stories were from a time long ago. She lasted two years before she was drummed out by a small contingent that interpreted a couple of bible verses as forbidding women from preaching.

Another example is the plethora of churchy/religious themed local tv. One station had a one hour show mc'd by a baptist preacher who was instructing listeners on when women should be and should not be allowed to speak during church.

I'm not making this up. It happened in the last five years and is still happening. In fact, there are movements to increase the authoritarian and religious nature of everyday life here. And this seems to be with the blessing of the women.

Add the fact that she has five children and some women may wonder why she isn't at home. Unlike many of the posters here, conservatives are certainly not unified behind a woman becoming President. There are many types of conservatives, not just one monolithic group. If Obama can concentrate on his base, he will most likely win this.
Her having five kids won't be a problem. If by some freak chance the repugs are elected again, the taxpayers will be paying for the kid's care and any special needs.

:roll: that will happen no matter what party is in office.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland
Throw everything about Palin aside for a minute... has anyone considered how disruptive this pick was the the Democratic campaign machine? When Biden was announced, there was an immediate and clear response from McCain's campaign. There was also advertising already prepared and immediately released.

Palin is announced. The Obama campaign puts out a quick press release... that Obama quickly denounced and distanced himself from (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/13004.html). They also had no advertising prepared on her. They were completely unprepared for that announcement.

Not speaking to the abilities of either campaign so much has how much it has thrown Obama's campaign off-balance.

To add to this, http://politicalticker.blogs.c...mentioning-her-at-all/

An Obama spokesman had reacted to the announcement that McCain had tapped Palin as his running mate Friday with a statement that called her "the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience."

Obama, who later complimented Palin in a statement, backed away from the criticism. "I think, you know, campaigns start getting these hair triggers," he told reporters. "And the statement that Joe and I put out reflects our sentiments."

I read this another way... why did Obama back off? He has as little experience in foreign policy as she does, and he is at the TOP of the ticket. He KNOWS criticising her on that front will get him bit in the ass. I dont fault Obama for having to correct his staffers... Lord knows McCain has had to do enough of it himself.

funny how people have backed off on her lack of over all experience.... she has more experience than what Obama has. she runs a state and is commander-in-chief of the national guard. Obama is just a senator he hasn't run crap ever.