Sarah Palin stepping down as Governor

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
She actually seems deluded enough to think she could become the first woman president. But I also like the make a lotta money and retire idea also

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234
Another theory for the list:

Thom Hartmann thinks she's looking to make some big cash fast and retire.
And even if the faithful wingnuts are shown that she's just using them, they'll still support her. For examples, we have the 'fallen' televangelists that their faithful continued to support long after they were exposed.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: Craig234
Another theory for the list:

Thom Hartmann thinks she's looking to make some big cash fast and retire.
And even if the faithful wingnuts are shown that she's just using them, they'll still support her. For examples, we have the 'fallen' televangelists that their faithful continued to support long after they were exposed.

That would be the famed "Bush's 21%"

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I want to F her, but I sure don't want her making a single decision that affects my life, or that of my fellow countrymen.

Sarah, STFU and pose for Playboy already.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Jadow
I want to F her, but I sure don't want her making a single decision that affects my life, or that of my fellow countrymen.

Sarah, STFU and pose for Hustler already.
Fixed.

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
She's got my vote. After all, aren't most politicians the same, just wrapped up differently? If she gets as much air time as Obama has, then at least I get to see something I can stare at rather than some boring ass scheming politician.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Looks like she might as well have kept the clothes. Last I heard, they were molding away in some republican lawyer's office.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
If being Governor sparsely populated state was causing to much heat for her just imagine running for President. She's toast now (as if she wasn't already)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: evident
lol, she's blaming letterman jokes as reasons for resigning. what a loser http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITI....html?iref=mpstoryview

Aww, poor Sarah. She couldn't take a Letterman joke and quit, life is not fair! /cry

what?

from the actual article...

She resigned because of the tremendous pressure, time and financial burden of a litany of ethics complaints in the past several months, she said.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
If being Governor sparsely populated state was causing to much heat for her just imagine running for President. She's toast now (as if she wasn't already)

I would agree with you if she was a Democrat. But the GOP do things differently.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
lol, she's blaming letterman jokes as reasons for resigning. what a loser http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITI....html?iref=mpstoryview

Aww, poor Sarah. She couldn't take a Letterman joke and quit, life is not fair! /cry

what?

She resigned because of the tremendous pressure, time and financial burden of a litany of ethics complaints in the past several months, she said.

Read the whole article, she let a Letterman joke influence her CAREER. She has the heart of a bunny rabbit, not a pit bull:

No legal "bombshell" or personal scandal lies behind Palin's resignation, but off-color jokes by talk-show host David Letterman contributed to her decision to step down, Thomas Van Flein [her lawyer] said.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

what?

Read the whole article, she let a Letterman joke influence her CAREER. She has the heart of a bunny rabbit, not a pit bull:

No legal "bombshell" or personal scandal lies behind Palin's resignation, but off-color jokes by talk-show host David Letterman contributed to her decision to step down, Thomas Van Flein [her lawyer] said.

contributed to.

I can buy that maybe the whole Letterman thing made her realize what being in the public spotlight was doing to her family.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The other insider reports I have heard is that before McCain picked Sarah Palin as governor, Palin was basically having fun as governor as Alaska. Able to enjoy a high popularity rating and a fairly easily to cat herd legislature. Even though troopergate predated the McCain pick, it had not reached critical mass yet and was about the only cloud on her sky.

But after an unsuccessful VP bid Palin went back to her job as Alaska Gov, and not only did she have to fend off a pile of lawsuits, she could not do anything without everyone and their brother in law questioning her motives. Suddenly the legislature became a giant cat herding problem, and after seeing the glitter of Washington, the mundane problems of Alaska seemed so petty.

In short, being Governor of Alaska ceased to be fun for Sarah Palin.

And as we all know, when the going get tough, the tough get going by quitting.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy

no. that is not the reason. but it is one of the reasons. the continues attacks on her children.

what is sad is people were all for doing that. when in fact it was rather disgusting.

All politicians are constantly being attacked by their political rivals.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or in Palin's case, get back in the kitchen.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yet another ignorant Sarah Palin moment:

But as for whether another pursuit of national office, as she did less than a year ago when she joined Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the race for the White House, would result in the same political blood sport, Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House, she said, the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

There is no "Department of Law" at the White House.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8016906&page=1

Duh, f'ing duh, Sarah. :roll: Don't quit your day job. Oh wait...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

But as for whether another pursuit of national office, as she did less than a year ago when she joined Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the race for the White House, would result in the same political blood sport, Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House, she said, the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

honest mistake?

http://www.law.state.ak.us/

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The other insider reports I have heard is that before McCain picked Sarah Palin as governor, Palin was basically having fun as governor as Alaska. Able to enjoy a high popularity rating and a fairly easily to cat herd legislature. Even though troopergate predated the McCain pick, it had not reached critical mass yet and was about the only cloud on her sky.

But after an unsuccessful VP bid Palin went back to her job as Alaska Gov, and not only did she have to fend off a pile of lawsuits, she could not do anything without everyone and their brother in law questioning her motives. Suddenly the legislature became a giant cat herding problem, and after seeing the glitter of Washington, the mundane problems of Alaska seemed so petty.

In short, being Governor of Alaska ceased to be fun for Sarah Palin.

And as we all know, when the going get tough, the tough get going by quitting.

That is sorta accurate.

The legislature was not easy for her to herd though. The preivous administration was very bullish towards getting things done with the reps. "Do this, or you wont' get funding for your district," a very my way for the highway attitude.

When Palin came in she was much more diplomatic when trying to get things done particularly with democrats in the house. Instead of strong arming reps, she would sit down with them and talk. To parapharse my friend after his return from a trip to Juneau. "she [Palin] would sit down and instead of telling a rep a flat no. Would explain why something could not be done or funded, and then work out something that would be more acceptable. It was such a breath of fresh air compared to the last administration, everyone wanted to work things out instead of being combative."

That was one of the reasons she was able to get things done with both sides of the house and maintain high approval ratings. And one of the reasons i have respect for her. This was all pre-presidental election.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

honest mistake?

http://www.law.state.ak.us/

If I was to run for Prime Minister of the USA, would you let me off easy?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: silverpig

If I was to run for Prime Minister of the USA, would you let me off easy?

no, but if you were from England and accidentally referred to the president as the PM, I probably would.

Mr Pepper

Oct 15, 1999
Good grief you people. Every human has a breaking point. No one here has the intelligence to know entirety what all she is going through. If you don't like her, be thankful she is gone and find someone else to complain about. The amount of hatred here is disgusting.