Sarah Palin stepping down as Governor

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Hey she won't be the first woman to get rich off of her looks.
Yeah. I've noticed that most photos of her lately are in tight fitting clothes. Something serious female political candidates must find demeaning.
She seriously has that slutty Airline Stewardess look going on. It works for her though.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Fern

IOW Craig234, you can place the blame for her profiting from all this squarely on the MSM. If they'd have dropped coverage of her after the election, like they do with other bottom-of-ticket losers after an election, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Bullshit! Palin's the idiot who keeps jumping up to re-inject herself in the spotlight. Her problem is, every time she opens her mouth, all she manages to do is change feet.

I think there's blame to go around, to Palin for her terrible behavior (such as supporting harmful policies and saying irresponsible, and ignorant, things); for the public for not rejecting her the way she deserves, and instead being willing to pay for her to write a book or otherwise contaminate the public discourse; the media for lacking any values about protecting the public discourse in its willingness to exploit her for stories to sell, for a start. I also blame the corrupt money-media setup that fuels her with cash because she'll sell out the public.

Sorry, but I know more let her off the hook for bad behavior aas you request than I lot off the person who steals something because it's sitting there unprotected.

In fact, given her unfortunately strong following among our very confused Republicans, the media you put at the top for blame actually has some justification for the coverage.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Craig234
Another theory for the list:

Thom Hartmann thinks she's looking to make some big cash fast and retire.

More ammo for the case that she is cashing out:

Link

Seems to me the right thing for us to do is to not support her making a lot of money for this behavior - refuse to read or watch any product she profits from.

If we did that, the millions rewarding her for resigning would disappear; while we consume those products, we're voting for her to behave this way and get paid a lot to do it.

I was gonna comment on this in the other thread - that the MSM's obsession with, and constant bashing of Palin has an upside (for her); it keeps her in the spotlight and makes these type of lucrative deals possible.

IOW Craig234, you can place the blame for her profiting from all this squarely on the MSM. If they'd have dropped coverage of her after the election, like they do with other bottom-of-ticket losers after an election, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

She's just making lemmon aide out of lemmons.

Fern

I reject the often made point that Ms Palin is a victim of the media. She opened her life to everyone when she chose to run for VP last year.

I do agree she was more throughly vetted by the media than any other VP candidate. I see what she experienced and is experiencing is the result of having almost limitless bandwidth for the news of any kind.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
All of you complaining about how the media outed and decimated Sarah Palin are fools. That's there job. To expose people like her for what they are.