Sarah Palin Shows Face to Hundreds of Teabaggers

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Quite a few posts back, dawp said, "It's unprofessional. If she needed notes, use index cards. People have used them for years and it looks a lot better. And she wouldn't have been mocked for it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...95190#35295190

didn't her handlers intervene and say that may not be a good idea."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What What, Sarah Palin having handlers????????????

Now there is a scary thought.

But then again, perhaps the only other person able to draw as much left wing ire is a fellow named Karl Rove. And even if he is somewhat of a amoral dangerous sociopath,
IMHO, its still import to understand his strengths as a political handler, pollster. And someone who understands shifting demographic and wiling to do the hard work to research those demographics. And credit where credit is due, much of the recent past success of the GOP was due to Karl's ability to exploit wedge issues,
divide the opposition, and put together a political coalition that could command a bare majority in elections.

Of course there are limits to all magic, and when the coalition Karl Rove built delivered stinking governance and laid poison pills that took time to take effect, even a Karl Rove can't sell those results.

But the question then becomes, do Sarah Palin and the larger tea Bag movement have the internal discipline and unity to put themselves under a political handler?

As for me, I doubt it, when their entire track record lies in shoot from the hip and think with emotions.

But still a scary thought.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
whats the big fricken deal, she wrote 4 little notes on her hand whoop-de fucking do!

i just love how the Palin haters in here get their thongs up their ass over some really stupid shit.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
whats the big fricken deal, she wrote 4 little notes on her hand whoop-de fucking do!

i just love how the Palin haters in here get their thongs up their ass over some really stupid shit.

You can practically smell the fear from the deflections. They're scared to death of how well she and her goals and values resonates with people.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As long as they draft their own candidates and prove they have true
convictions, I'm all for any grassroots parties. But if they become a shill for
the repubs, then they're just the mindless sheep, some say they are.
We'll have to wait and see if they have the belief in their convictions or not.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
I pray everyday that this woman wins the 2012 nomination for the GOP. Since they are going the way of the dodo, they should have a hot cougar spokesmodel to preside over their last epic failure.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
You'd think she had done something serious, truly worthy of criticism...like reading a speech off a teleprompter...

She did that as well, unless you believe her stunted sing-song delivery is just part of her folksiness.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Outhouse, the Palin haters are more amazed at the Palin lovers who are so stupid as to totally get their thongs up their asses as they fail to realize everything Palin says is really really stupid.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I'm watching Palin on Fox right now giving an interview and she has some items scrawled on her forearm:

1) Call Trip. Tripp? Damn, can't remember.
2) Mittens and socks are not the same thing.
3) It's pronounced "bure-oh-kra-see".

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Sarah Palin Endorses 'Bomb Iran'

Sarah Palin entered the fray yesterday. In a high-profile interview yesterday with Chris Wallace, she spontaneously brought up the topic of Obama's winning a second term by bombing Iran:

WALLACE: How hard do you think President Obama will be to defeat in 2012?

PALIN: It depends on a few things. Say he played—and I got this from Buchanan, reading one of his columns the other day - say he played the war card. Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decided really [to] come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do, but - that changes the dynamics in what we can assume is going to happen between now and three years. Because I think if the election were today I do not think Obama would be re-elected. But three years from now, things could change if — on the national security front . . .

WALLACE: But you're not suggesting that he would cynically play the war card?

PALIN: I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying if he did, things would dramatically change. If he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and our allies, I think people would, perhaps, shift their thinking a little bit and decide, "Well, maybe he's tougher than we think he's—than he is today," and there wouldn't be as much passion to make sure that he doesn't serve another four years.

Toughen up and win some votes by bombing another country. Even if there isn't a military general out there who'll say on the record that doing so would actually stop Iran's nuclear programme. Sometimes it's not so hard to understand why people think poorly of Americans.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Toughen up and win some votes by bombing another country. Even if there isn't a military general out there who'll say on the record that doing so would actually stop Iran's nuclear programme. Sometimes it's not so hard to understand why people think poorly of Americans.
it's true, America is the only country in the entire world where leaders create a foreign enemy to unite the population behind them.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
it's true, America is the only country in the entire world where leaders create a foreign enemy to unite the population behind them.

I agree, I did indeed state exactly that. And yes, you're right, why should American leaders be expected to behave better than North Korea's or Venezuela's? Unjust! Unfair! Anti-American tripe!

ohnoes

Oct 11, 2007
Protip: if you go into a job interview or client meeting with notes written on your hand, you will most definitely land the job or contract. In fact, you should write your answers on your forehead so that the other party can read it straight off of you and you won't even have to do or say anything.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
You can practically smell the fear from the deflections. They're scared to death of how well she and her goals and values resonates with people.

Spidey, if you are going to start being the forum comic you are going to need to setup a fund to replace all the monitors destroyed by spontaneous coffee effluence.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

It's one thing to create an Enemy to rally people to your side. It's entirely something else to Attack a Foreign Nation to rally people to your side.

That should be blatantly obvious. Power without Principle is Tyranny. Perhaps not to the Domestic Population(depending on how/whom on that Power is used), but certainly to the Foreign Population.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I thought people were joking about the notes on her hand...

2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
It's one thing to create an Enemy to rally people to your side. It's entirely something else to Attack a Foreign Nation to rally people to your side.

That should be blatantly obvious. Power without Principle is Tyranny. Perhaps not to the Domestic Population(depending on how/whom on that Power is used), but certainly to the Foreign Population.
I'm not advocating it and neither is she, but her point is certainly founded in reality and seems about in line with all the people who kept insisting that GWB was going to attack Iran to help him win the 2004 election.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

She is just unfvcking believable. Screw those people who are still supporting here as some great savior, they should be ashamed of themselves.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
She is just unfvcking believable. Screw those people who are still supporting here as some great savior, they should be ashamed of themselves.
maybe I'm just dumb, but I've read the quote like 3 times and don't see where she endorses bombing Iran.