Sapphire Theater 550 Problem

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
It is only detecting 3 channels. Is the product defective? I used beyond TV and the software it came with, nothing is working. only get channel 2 , 117, and 107. I checked the line by plugging it directly into a TV and it has all the channels.

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
Bumppp...

When i click on Scan Channels, Like you can see FUZZY channels are all there, but the picture won't come through clearly.
Is this a software problem, or is the Card a dud? Anyone else with THeater 550s experience this??

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
Yes it is plugged in correctly. I just went to ATI's website and updated to their 6-6 drivers for the theater 550pro. and now in device manager, it gives me the error "device cannot start"

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
UPDATE:

Ok so the new 6-6 drivers don't work at all,, But i'm using the OLD OLD 2005 drivers and they seem to work SOME WHAT..

Symptoms:
Like during detection of the channels ,EVERYTHIGN is quite fuzzy.
Everything initally looks like Scrambled Pr0n (u know what i'm talking about)
But if i watch a certain channel, and leave it on for X amount of time,, it'll suddenly come out perfectly clear..
Like say i turn on Channel 41, it'll look like Scrambled Spice channel.. then maybe 10-15 seconds later, it'll be perfectly clear and turn into a kids channel (NICKOlodeon)

?????????????????????????????????????????????

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: inveterate
UPDATE:

Ok so the new 6-6 drivers don't work at all,, But i'm using the OLD OLD 2005 drivers and they seem to work SOME WHAT..

Symptoms:
Like during detection of the channels ,EVERYTHIGN is quite fuzzy.
Everything initally looks like Scrambled Pr0n (u know what i'm talking about)
But if i watch a certain channel, and leave it on for X amount of time,, it'll suddenly come out perfectly clear..
Like say i turn on Channel 41, it'll look like Scrambled Spice channel.. then maybe 10-15 seconds later, it'll be perfectly clear and turn into a kids channel (NICKOlodeon)

?????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm using the drivers that came with the box. It worked fine, I had similar problems when I change to a channel, there was a scrambled picture but with sound. 10 secs later or switching the channels back and foward...things went fine. It was resolved with added memory. But it looks like memory is out of a question for you.