Sapphire rebate bait and wait

KpJ

Nov 29, 2012
if you are buying a video card and see Sapphire has a rebate do not count on receiving it in a timely manner, after 13 weeks i am still being told to wait 6=10 more weeks.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
That's pretty disappointing :/. It'd be interesting to know which companies actually handle rebates within a reasonable time frame so it would be easier to recommend one over another, but it's hard to go just by individual user reports

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
Mail in rebates suck, but I guess it's worth the mention if it's 23 weeks meaning nearly half a calendar year!

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I got a rebate last year for a Sapphire 6870 I had. Bought it in March, got rebate in May. ~8 weeks

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Yeah well, I never buy Sapphire products and dont ever plan to. I stick with the top tier brands. Just sayin... I receive Evga rebates within a month.

SpicyTime

Aug 9, 2011
I've bought two Sapphire cards in the past year, and I've received both rebates in the time frame they specified.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I have twice opted for the fast rebate option for $3 from MSI and they get to me within 2-3 weeks including time for me to ship the documents to them.

hodgenutts

Jul 26, 2007
LoL "paying" the company to get you your rebate faster. I sent a rebate in for an EVGA product. 3 weeks later they notified me saying they recieved my rebate and it would take 4-6 weeks to process it. Companies use rebates as a marketing strategy. They expect imidiate payment for a product, so more than 4 weeks is rediculous to process your rebate, and a company "charging" to expidite a rebate is ludicrous. Companies forget that it is the consumer that keeps them in business. I personally see no problem with the OP posting this topic. If Consumers don't stay on top of the companies then you get an issue such as waiting half the calender year for a rebate which is ridiculous.

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
I buy crazy amounts of gear. some I keep some I sell. I had an issue with 3 rebates out of 100? well more then 65.

Intel ssd was fixed with a phone call nice girl said her name was 'brooklyn' Since I have a Brooklyn accent don't know if she was kidding but she fixed the problem.

Kingston had an ssd rebate took time to get it fixed. This was more grief then I thought it would be. But it was fixed. I got more then 160 cash back for it and all was well.

Every other company including sapphire paid the rebates pretty fast .

OCZ gave the slowest rebate 17 weeks (a psu) , but they kept me informed and paid it.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
if you are buying a video card and see Sapphire has a rebate do not count on receiving it in a timely manner, after 13 weeks i am still being told to wait 6=10 more weeks.

I can't believe you started an account to post this. We all know what rebates are about. It's a way for a company to make a couple % on your money while advertising a lower price and lots of people don't follow procedures and get refused, making them even more money. It's crap, but most companies do it.

Rarely, if ever, do companies issue rebates before return periods run out. Believe it or not there are people out there who buy, get rebates, and return the products for refunds. There are pros that earn a living with fraudulent rebate activities.

JohnnyChuttz

May 20, 2012
I never expect rebates to ever be fulfilled. Nor do I even factor them into the price if a rebate is offered. I submit them and forget it. It's a nice surprise when/if they show up.