Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
I don't care what it looks like, as it sits in a case, that is closed. Rather see performance.

sgrinavi

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2007
Originally posted by: gizbug
I don't care what it looks like, as it sits in a case, that is closed. Rather see performance.

And I thought I was the only person that felt that way....

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Ehh. Show me a 5850X2 2GB with this cooler and I'll be all over it.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
okay but if u were given 2 choices, an ugly video card and a good looking vid card with same performance, which would u pick?
what if it was better looking AND better @ cooling?

i'd go with the good looking one with the better cooling. how about u?

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
I'd go for the cheaper card any day. I will never pay the extra $ for a slightly cooler and quieter card. I can fiddle with the fan speed myself and make it as cool as I want and noise isn't such a big deal for me. Thus, all these mambo jumbo Vapour X, mega north pole cooling and other special cards are worthless for me. :)

sgrinavi

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2007
Originally posted by: LOUISSSSS
okay but if u were given 2 choices, an ugly video card and a good looking vid card with same performance, which would u pick?
what if it was better looking AND better @ cooling?

i'd go with the good looking one with the better cooling. how about u?

I would go with the one that had better cooling, yes, even if it had little pink doggie turds painted on it.

scooterlibby

Feb 28, 2009
I dunno, the cooling on my 260's sucks and requires a ton of noise to keep them chilly. I'm no quiet freak, but in retrospect I would have paid the extra $$ for a non-reference cooler that was quieter and more effective. Looks also have nothing to do with it for me and I echo the post about the 5870x2 with Vapor-X - I want it. Gonna hold out until I can pick from non-reference GT300's and non-reference 5870's.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I'd rather have a better warranty than a flashy-looking card.

That said, I don't buy Sapphire cards, period.