Sandybridge + 5770 Mulitple displays?

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I just got a sandybridge system with an integrated gpu in which I installed my 5770 as well.
Ideally I'd like to be able to hook up 3 monitors to the graphics card via eyefinity, and my television to the motherboard via hdmi. The bios suggested something like this might be possible since there is an auto setting for the graphics which says it may allow the system to save power by switching between integrated and discrete graphics to save power.

So far though enabling this just turns on my TV and I get an error message that catalyst control was not meant for my graphics hardware. Anyone tried this before or seen any sites/info about how to get them to work together?

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
After reading up a bit, it turns out that it actually did work except I just needed to enable the monitors within windows display. After doing that catalyst control allowed me to configure my monitors though it detects the TV as disabled since it is plugged into the motherboard. Unfortunately the hotkeys for presets don't seem to work with the TV so it seems if I want to switch between the two I have to re setup my displays each time.