Question sandisk cruzer 4gb,works in safe mode win-7 but not in normal mode

meganin

Jan 19, 2017
as in the topic.. it works in laptop win 7 , but not in desktop win 7(sp1 -anyway it wanst even working before that too i guess).
so i tried to see if it works in winxp,it worked right away, then i tried to see in safe mode win 7,it worked..i wana know if any driver is conflicting ,i searched a few forums and also changed the drive letter , just came for 2-3 times then problem repeats again.
if anyone guides me thru i would be happy ,thanks.

meganin

Jan 19, 2017
tried to delete partition and create new one as ntfs.. but stopping in middle ( tried in both win 7 and easus software) and san disk disappears.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Honestly, I treat most smaller flash drives like disposable pens. Once it starts to screw up, just toss it. (Destroy it if it has anything valuable on it.)

Don't use USB sticks for archival storage, if you can help it, and don't use them for the "only copy" of anything important. Only for the temporary storage for transfer of data between systems. ("Copy" don't "Move".)

When they start to fail (not IF), then just toss them and pull out another. I buy in bulk, just for that reason. Get them on sale, and buy a bunch at once, that way you'll always have a fresh supply. I'm always giving them out for boot USBs for Win10 / Linux / Macrium / etc. with rigs too. Larger 32GB and up ones, I use for temporary backup of rigs, to transfer data over. Most people don't have a lot of data. Although I prefer using portable HDDs for data-transfer, they are easier to wipe, and more reliable. But more expensive to give to a customer.

Reactions: Shmee

meganin

Jan 19, 2017
it was just lying around,i thought its over.. but just tried once in win xp (dual boot in my desktop) and laptop..it worked right away...so i was like damm this is good not turned bad as i thought.
so update for today- swtiched on the desktop..and put the usb drive, same problem twice ,then changed the port- it worked,all files in them were intact( just copied for experiment) .
thanks for you reply. :)

meganin

Jan 19, 2017
i forgot to say.. i wiped the usb drive- then it became raw ,then deleted partition.. made a new one with new label and drive letter too in easus software.. then it worked yeasterday as new. just wanted to mention it here ,thanks