San Francisco to rebrand convicted felons as "justice-involved person." (not Onion)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Does this mean they own Greenland now because I would be totally for that. I mean if Trump can buy what's not his to buy with money that's not his own, he is the "King of the Jews" as he quotes others and the "King of Stupid" too with everything "not the Onion" being posting coming in a lightyear behind- on a good day. Hell, Guam tipping over has been surpassed. At least that guy didn't offer to tow it to safer waters.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
You don’t sound like you’re laughing in your OP.

Considering conservative humor is basically “HAHA I HOPE YOU GET CANCER AND DIE” maybe he was laughing while he typed his little whiny snowflake diatribe?

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Hahahahaha. The link in the OP was pulled. I get a 404.

Is this fake news I keep hearing about. What an idiot to fall for something like this.

Oh. And I forgot. Hahahahhahahahhaha

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Is this fake news I keep hearing about. What an idiot to fall for something like this.

Hehe. Queue up Price Is Right fail sound effect.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If it's any consolation, Slow, in San Francisco we no longer call you stupid, but reason challenged. There are just so many idiot liberals in the world who would reach for that old moniker with all it's pejorative baggage that it needs to stop to protect your delicate feelings. We care about the damage language that becomes overladen with bigotry out here is the Golden State. Putdowns, as you probably don't know, are what split you down the middle and taught you to hate yourself. We want you to get well. The problem with the sick is that they use words to wish everybody else becomes sick too.

People will only take so much of that. We are beginning to see what 'sticking it to the man' really involves by the sick psycho in chief really involves.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Okay if that's true that makes this even funnier - Slow getting triggered and running here ranting about San Francisco because some right wing idiot lied to him.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Great thread by Slow. I recommend the Medal of Honor at the very least for our Anandtech P&O chosen one.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And I'm making fun of you, comrade.

San Francisco's thinking, how they go about "problems" is the part you seem to be missing. Next they'll call homeless something else, but do nothing to actually address homelessness. Liberal thinking.

BTW, here you are, again, continuously responding to a thread that has nothing to do with you, while telling me how triggered I am. Carry on.

The world left you behind long ago. These posts of yours are just the final remaining particles of your past screaming into the ether, because no one is turning back around to pick you up.

I get it, this must suck for you to be so alone in the world, but I have no sympathy. You chose the path of irrelevance and stubbornly plant your feet in the waste left behind by those far better than you. Deal with it, shitface.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
If it's any consolation, Slow, in San Francisco we no longer call you stupid, but reason challenged. There are just so many idiot liberals in the world who would reach for that old moniker with all it's pejorative baggage that it needs to stop to protect your delicate feelings. We care about the damage language that becomes overladen with bigotry out here is the Golden State. Putdowns, as you probably don't know, are what split you down the middle and taught you to hate yourself. We want you to get well. The problem with the sick is that they use words to wish everybody else becomes sick too.

People will only take so much of that. We are beginning to see what 'sticking it to the man' really involves by the sick psycho in chief really involves.

Thumbs up for reason challenged

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
https://www.wgmd.com/san-francisco-...-involved-person-sanitizes-other-crime-lingo/

https://freebeacon.com/blog/san-francisco-crime/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sa...-convicted-felon-into-justice-involved-person

http://www.iwf.org/blog/2810416/"Justice-Involved-Persons"-New-Label-for-Felons-in-San-Francisco

Liberals, in their attempt to ease the feels but not actually fix anything have decided that there is too much stigma attached to the phrase, "convicted felon" so they are making a nicer, softer phrase, "justice-involved person." Just more PC gone mad. A much, much better idea would be to take measures to lessen the number of convicted felons, you know... actually improve society, but I understand how the political side of the fence that shuns any semblance of personal responsibility thinks that this is a wise and proper move. What fucking idiots. No wonder they have needles and piles of human shit on every other sidewalk.

Yeeesh. You get pretty fucking whiny about inconsequential stuff.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It’s amazing to me just how easily triggered you snowflakes are.

Who gives a single solitary shit what some board in San Francisco refers to people as. I’m honestly struggling to imagine a life so pathetic that this would make me angry.
San Francisco board of supervisors. I don't know if they actually passed this yet, it could be in the chatter stage. Aside from your deflection, this actually is an issue. San Francisco can't provide basic sanitation to it's citizens, people shit on the street. That's a fundamental failure of government. But rather than address a major public health issue the board chooses to spend it's time controlling the words city employees can use.
This is eye roll material. Very few outside of SF actually care. But if I were a resident of SF, I'd be foaming at the mouth outraged that the board of supervisors decided that this was the problem that needed addressing. Shit on streets, used needles laying around, crumbling infrastructure, housing shortage, budget shortfalls, massive drug abuse, tent city's popping up all over, those things can all wait. Using nice words to describe felons is what matters today.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
San Francisco board of supervisors. I don't know if they actually passed this yet, it could be in the chatter stage. Aside from your deflection, this actually is an issue. San Francisco can't provide basic sanitation to it's citizens, people shit on the street. That's a fundamental failure of government. But rather than address a major public health issue the board chooses to spend it's time controlling the words city employees can use.
This is eye roll material. Very few outside of SF actually care. But if I were a resident of SF, I'd be foaming at the mouth outraged that the board of supervisors decided that this was the problem that needed addressing. Shit on streets, used needles laying around, crumbling infrastructure, housing shortage, budget shortfalls, massive drug abuse, tent city's popping up all over, those things can all wait. Using nice words to describe felons is what matters today.

The idea that it's either do this or address the politically intractable housing crisis in the Bay Area which is the root of basically all these problems is some galaxy brain shit. But ok, this is really getting in the way of solving those problems lol.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If I lived in the exact center of San Francisco I still would struggle to find words for just how little I give a shit what words the board of supervisors uses to describe people.

I never understood this whole idea where people care what problems various boards or legislatures are addressing as if it's somehow using up all their valuable time that they would otherwise use to fix everything. Do you get foaming at the mouth outraged when Congress renames a post office considering all the problems facing the US? If so, I've not seen a thread or a response on it. The reason why legislatures don't get things done isn't because they lack sufficient time on the calendar to talk about them, it's because solving those problems costs money people don't want to pay or requires sacrifices people don't want to make. It's not like someone had a plan to fix all of San Francisco's problems but they just couldn't find time to vote on it or something, haha.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You cant help these people, if you do they become dependant on your help, thus enslaving these people which is what real racist fascists (in other words liberals) do.
Am I right Slow?
Do you know what happens when city's spend lots of money on homeless programs? There are fewer homeless people right? The tent camps go away, the shit on the streets vanishes, the problem improves dramatically. Right?
Wrong. The more programs for the homeless city's have the more homeless they have.
I won't even pretend to know the answer to this one. I probably don't even understand the entire problem. But I do know what they've been doing around here hasn't worked, it hasn't even helped.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Sometimes I really wish the ‘fuck your feelings’ people had actually meant it. It gets pretty tiresome having to deal with conservative temper tantrums that erupt every time someone hurts their feelings by using a word they don’t like.

Oh, they meant it. That's why they said fuck YOUR feelings, not fuck their feelings.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Do you know what happens when city's spend lots of money on homeless programs? There are fewer homeless people right? The tent camps go away, the shit on the streets vanishes, the problem improves dramatically. Right?
Wrong. The more programs for the homeless city's have the more homeless they have.
I won't even pretend to know the answer to this one. I probably don't even understand the entire problem. But I do know what they've been doing around here hasn't worked, it hasn't even helped.
Maybe SF should give the homeless one-way bus tickets back to the towns that gave them one-way bus tickets to SF.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I can't believe how many of you all on this board fall for this stuff over and over and over. I mean this is BY FAR the fastest moving thread right now probably on all of AT forums, just like ANY thread started or hijacked by the OP.

You guys are pretty much just as bad as the OP.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Nope. Wrong. Not in my neck of the woods anyway. Homeless people by far and large have psych problems, there dont magically manofest alot more mentally ill people cause you decide to help them out.... Maybe what YOU are seeing is the tip of the iceberg and youd rather stick your head in the sand than actually taking a look below the surface.......... WHY THE F do you have so many homeless people to begin with Johnson?

Reactions: Victorian Gray

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I can't believe how many of you all on this board fall for this stuff over and over and over. I mean this is BY FAR the fastest moving thread right now probably on all of AT forums, just like ANY thread started or hijacked by the OP.

Everybody likes to watch a good trainwreck... :frenchfries:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's not my thing either, but the free market has spoken and assigned San Francisco the highest value in terms of what people are willing to pay to live there. You believe in the free markets, don't you?

Reactions: Vic
Mar 11, 2004

Fall for what? And? Go whine about how slow the forum is moving in one of the dozens of threads about that in OT.

Well gee maybe you can make some enthralling thread that will have people posting. Meanwhile, we'll have fun laughing at the OP's desperate attempt to conflate two objectively not even remotely similar level of issues by having it blow up in his face because he's a dumb shit that is screaming about nonsense like this while defending far worse behavior.

I'm guessing the site pulled it after noticing an uptick in traffic and probably did a Google search and saw this thread. Or maybe they have a bit of dignity unlike the OP, and pulled it after realizing it provided no actual information (it seemed to be just regurgitating probably the first line or two from other news site's article about it), so makes them look like dumbshit fake news spreading jackasses.

Nov 25, 2013
https://www.wgmd.com/san-francisco-...-involved-person-sanitizes-other-crime-lingo/

https://freebeacon.com/blog/san-francisco-crime/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sa...-convicted-felon-into-justice-involved-person

http://www.iwf.org/blog/2810416/"Justice-Involved-Persons"-New-Label-for-Felons-in-San-Francisco

Liberals, in their attempt to ease the feels but not actually fix anything have decided that there is too much stigma attached to the phrase, "convicted felon" so they are making a nicer, softer phrase, "justice-involved person." Just more PC gone mad. A much, much better idea would be to take measures to lessen the number of convicted felons, you know... actually improve society, but I understand how the political side of the fence that shuns any semblance of personal responsibility thinks that this is a wise and proper move. What fucking idiots. No wonder they have needles and piles of human shit on every other sidewalk.

#fuckofftroll