San Fran: What are some of the tourist things to do?

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
There is a kick-@ss restaurant called Little Tony's located near the border of Little Italy & China Town. So cool. You can sit at a table or sit at the counter. (counter is preferable if you want the true experience) As you and your wife lounge over a bottle of Chianti, the cooks will saute the most amazing sauces whilst you watch the flames from the stoves leap up into the air....Amazing.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
One thing I've always wanted to do was [L=Ripley's]http://www.ripleys.com/sanfrancisco2.htm[/L]

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
If you like sea food Italian style, try Scomas on the Pier at Fisherman's Wharf. (It had better still be there; it's been awhile since I lived or visited there - make reservations).

Golden Gate Bridge is awesome. Check out Muir's Woods the other side of the bay for huge awesome redwoods and easy hiking trails. Chinatown. There is TOO much to see and do there.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
So true! Frisco is a killer town. Surely, one of my favorite CA cities.

2ndhandnews

Mar 10, 2000
Here is something funny you won't find in guidebooks.

My husband and I were driving thru san francisco, heading up from LA on our way to a campground in northern california. Driving up the main drag that goes thru Golden Gate Park and over the GG Bridge.
Well it was a weekend, and traffic was hellish. We got stuck in gridlock, caught in the intersection between lights and of course where you gonna go? So we stayed put and blocked (with our big ass Ford F250 supercab) a fussy couple in Mercedes going th other way.
Well they had a fit and a half. Beeping horn (as if that was going to miraculously make us move--there was no where to go!!!) Screaming. Cussing. You f-ing this you f-ing that.

I calmly pull out my camera. I calmly lean out the window, grinning like a savant at these folks. I whip my camera up to my face and click! snap a pic of them. Well then me and hubby started laughing like loons. They did not know what to do. Light changed. We left.