samsung ud590

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
OK - Dell has a 24-in 4K that is IPS - costs about $1300. The rwsal downside is that it takes a husky, robust GPU to run it. As for IPS, I have one - if you don't need to look at your screen from wider angles, it doesn't buy much. Colotr accuracy is a variable/ IPS also has a slower response time - but, I like mine, even though it is only 1900x1220.

King4x4

Jan 12, 2013
Have the panel:
1.Plug And Play... no drivers what so ever.
2.Screen size is PERFECT for a desktop power user. Tried 32... too big!
3.Very minimal input lag!
4.Coating is comparable to the Qnix-X-Star Screens.. Not aggressive and very mild.
5.Screen quality is excellent.
6.Colors are extremlly good for a TN screen.
7. No backlight bleed and -no dead pixels- (Scratch that had two appear after 6 hours work but very minor and got a $50 refund from the seller) that I can find!
8. Can do upscaled 1440 and 1080 with no issues through the DP port... oh yah did I mention 4k 60hz easy?
Bads:
1.Screen stand is a bit wobbly and of course no Vesa mounts and the stand is rigid.
2.Screen had extreme tearing until I turned off all "gaming and response" options from OSD... after that it became super smooth.
3.Colors needed a bit of calibration out of the box but after that it seemed semi-PLS and the only difference was a mild blue tin on the blacks.
4.Tried a lot of games on it and everything ran find and dandy but you gonna need a minimum of two cards to enjoy FPS intensive games on it and tri-cards are recomended for maximum enjoyment.

Only major issue is that I am running it as 1440 on my normal desktop for the bar scaling (everything is super tiny on win 7) and switches to 4k on games.
Got a nice X-Star as a secondary screen and I all ready selling two screens (for $1000 so I actually made money :p).

Switch to the Sammy 4k and just enjoy yourself... oh btw ZERO and let me repeat myself ZERO DP ISSUES.