• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Samsung PM1733 nvme U.2 SSD shown up as 34 drivers on Windows server 2012R2

guaijc123

Apr 7, 2021
Hello every Brain box in this forum,

I met a problem about enterprise class SSD PM1733 U.2 nvme. When I plugged this disk on my server(windows server2012R2). I saw this disk shown up as 32 drivers.
only 1 disk have right capacity and I can do many option on it. Others all shown as 0MB capacity I cant delete them or format them. what a mess
How can I merge them to ONE disk? I fixed all the drivers I might need. But not working. Any idea ?

Justinus

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2005
Maybe there are a bunch of 0mb partitions on the drive? You can check the partition tables and force delete unwanted partitions (that are otherwise not allowed to be deleted through the Windows GUI) with diskpart.

I'd see the partition list that diskpart has, and if there are a bunch of 0mb partitions I'd delete them.

Billy Tallis

Aug 4, 2015
Boot into Linux and see what's reported by tools like lspci and nvme-cli. Windows has a strong commitment to not being transparent about what's going on under the hood.

You might be seeing numerous instances of the device as a result of SR-IOV virtualization, or you might be seeing numerous NVMe namespaces on a single PCIe function.

ASK THE COMMUNITY