Samsung is offering a swap - should I take it?

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
I sent Samsung my monitor (215TW) back for repair. Unfortunately, they can't fix it and are offering the T220HD as a replacement. I looked up the two monitors and they seem to have comparable specs. The only issue is my girlfriend is a photographer and the monitor is primarily used for Photoshop work. I initially bought the 215TW because of the S-PVA panel, but the T220HD uses a TN panel.

Has anyone had experience with the color reproduction on the T220HD or is there a comparable Samsung with an S-PVA panel?

Zensal

Jan 18, 2005
TN panels have poor color reproduction. Very bad for Photoshop work. I don't know if they have a comparable S-PVA panel or not though.

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
offer to pay a bit extra for a better (larger) monitor as a replacement if they cant do it for free. TN panels are great for gaming and some movie watching by yourself, but for editing work like that, stay away.

Pugnate

Jun 25, 2006
Congrats OP. You made me log in.

I had the T220... and it was absolutely terrible!!!! It has a nice gamut for a TN, but the accuracy is poor. There is terrible uniformity...

I am a graphics designer and that was just a bad monitor. It looks really good aesthetically though.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
I mean I think you answered your own question, they're trying to replace your PVA panel with a TN panel. In most cases, if you actively seeked out a PVA panel in the first place, that is no go.

The problem is, I don't know if Samsung makes a 22" LCD with a VA panel, so what would be a suitable replacement?

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
I'd try to convince them to give you a more suitable replacement, getting a TN panel monitor as a replacement for the first one is simply criminal.

tdoran1

Jul 11, 2009
Originally posted by: terry107
I sent Samsung my monitor (215TW) back for repair. Unfortunately, they can't fix it and are offering the T220HD as a replacement. I looked up the two monitors and they seem to have comparable specs. The only issue is my girlfriend is a photographer and the monitor is primarily used for Photoshop work. I initially bought the 215TW because of the S-PVA panel, but the T220HD uses a TN panel.

Has anyone had experience with the color reproduction on the T220HD or is there a comparable Samsung with an S-PVA panel?

Try for a Samsung F2380 it is S-PVA, and only slightly larger.

Tim

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
Quick update for anyone who is interested. I've talked to Samsung multiple times over the last few days and basically told them all I would accept was a 245T. They called back today and declined the monitor, but offered to refund my money. In the end, this is fine with me.