Samsung Galaxy S3 made where?

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
I thought all Samsung phones were made in Korea.
Got a SGS3 and it's made in China. :rolleyes:

Still is a great device though, but I must admit I was disappointed in seeing that.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
The company is Korean, Foxconn is in China which makes a ton of electronics devices.

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
The company is Korean, Foxconn is in China which makes a ton of electronics devices.

Understood. However all my prior Samsung phones were made in Korea. I have Samsung 830 SSDs in my computers that are made in Korea.

It's not like these things are cheap either! $700 is a lot for a phone!

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
yeah Foxconn is a huge ODM. They build lots of devices and boards and the're quality is top notch for the most part.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Understood. However all my prior Samsung phones were made in Korea. I have Samsung 830 SSDs in my computers that are made in Korea.

It's not like these things are cheap either! $700 is a lot for a phone!
cheaply made, the components are pricey, but the labor isnt

they are "made" (enginnered, etc) but not really made

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
It's a phone. If the iPhone can be made in China so can the lesser GS3.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's a phone. If the iPhone can be made in China so can the lesser GS3.
Wow. This isn't even an iPhone vs Android thread where these types of comments are partially tolerated.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
It does make it hard to defend Apple, but please don't judge us all accordingly.

I don't. I treat people on a case by case basis. There is no reason to hate someone because of a technological preference.

Back to the OP, why do you even care where its made?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Since getting into the mobile scene, I can finally see where all the Apple hatred comes from.

It goes both ways but imho it's far worse coming from the Android side. While I see a lot of "iOS is better than Android" comments from the Apple crowd, but they typically leave it at that. Where a lot of the Android base will flat out say "iOS is the biggest POS ever!" There's quite a difference between the 2 views.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
It goes both ways but imho it's far worse coming from the Android side. While I see a lot of "iOS is better than Android" comments from the Apple crowd, but they typically leave it at that. Where a lot of the Android base will flat out say "iOS is the biggest POS ever!" There's quite a difference between the 2 views.

I'm still new to the environment, so time will give me a better opinion.

I wonder if WP8 will add a whole new angry faction into the mix, if MS can get any traction.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I'm still new to the environment, so time will give me a better opinion.

I wonder if WP8 will add a whole new angry faction into the mix, if MS can get any traction.

go to Google images and type "Android pissing on Apple" or iPhone and check the pics. Now type iPhone/Apple pissing on Android, you won't see any pics depicting this. The Android people can say anything they want about Android hate, but the level they get back from the iPhone crowd is not even a 10th of what they throw at them.

WP7.5 gets plenty of hate so I'd imagine 8 will be no different.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
AFAIK, Samsung manufactures phones in both Korea and China. They're a huge company with lots of contracts.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Usually the first batches are made in Korea. It's probably easier for them to test. Then most are made in China. It was the same with the Galaxy Nexus.

Feb 19, 2001
go to Google images and type "Android pissing on Apple" or iPhone and check the pics. Now type iPhone/Apple pissing on Android, you won't see any pics depicting this. The Android people can say anything they want about Android hate, but the level they get back from the iPhone crowd is not even a 10th of what they throw at them.

lol but to be fair an Android is a robot with human-like form. he can eat, dance, ride a skateboard (CyanogenMod). So I think it would be more fitting that it can piss on an Apple...or eat an Apple. Now they can put a face on an Apple like Veggie Tales or cartoon characters, but I'm pretty sure it'd look beyond weird to make the apple piss.... on anything for that matter.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005

isn't that because iphone users wouldn't know how to make an image like that? :whiste:

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Usually the first batches are made in Korea. It's probably easier for them to test. Then most are made in China. It was the same with the Galaxy Nexus.

Do you know how I can check to see if I was the first batch?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Everything is made in china. We used to bitch about stuff made in japan but now we WISH stuff was made in japan.

Last edited:

ImDonly1

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
They make the Galaxy S phones in Korea and China. I think there were/are also some that are made in Vietnam. It's all random on which one you get I think.