Samsung Galaxy S2 motherboard repair

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Ibrokemyphone, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Ibrokemyphone

Ibrokemyphone Junior Member

Hi people, need some help with my motherboard on my Galaxy S2 and thought you might be able to help.

Initially I took the advice of a website to use a paper clip in the aerial connection on the back to increase signal... it worked, however, it never gathered signal again without this addition.

After a while the aerial connector broke, but I was able to solder a wire to the open contact on the PCB.

Today the contact broke free from the PCB which left me with nothing to solder to.

I found the page http://www.anandtech.com/print/4686 which shows all the PCB in a nice detail.

Below the sentence 'Moving right is the Infineon Smarti UE2 RF transciever...' there is a chip with 1EH 117 .1.3 which is on the opposite side of where the aerial connector was. Does anyone know what this chip does?

To sum up, does anyone know if any of these connector pins on the chip leads to the aerial connector?
    I doubt I would be able to find a schematic of the wiring, and a new motherboard will cost about £150+. So I figure if I can solder a wire to something a bit more solid I could save myself some money.

Any help welcome.

2. joshhedge

joshhedge Senior member

I would personally recommend asking on the GS2 XDA Developer Forums about this.