Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Hello all,

Anyone tried upgrading yet? If so, did it slow down your phone?

I am very interested in some feedback.

paulmt123

May 6, 2013
Tried upgrading to the Portuguese kmn version. Initially I only had 494 mb ram which was useless as it kept making phone lag. I then read you need to install leaked version first and repartition memory. Did this then put kmn back on and had 640mb ram so memory was not an issue. Scroll rates run smoother than 2.36 in browser and Facebook and looks more modern, camera now has zoom but I wasn't convinced as still seemed a bit slow. Couple that with worse battery life (3 hours screen on time instead of 5) and below 15 percent moderate usage rather than just above 50 despite using juice defender and I thought hard about downgrading back to Gb. Poor 3g connectivity was the final straw even with reasonable signal kept going between 3g and hdpsa. I'm now back on Gb and to be honest I prefer it. Phone runs much smoother, font sizes of notifications bar suits the screen and apart from chrome all apps still work with Gb. So I wouldn't upgrade unofficially until Samsung fix this. I don't think this is quite the final product. Tmn don't even sell the phone which is odd. Jellybeans initially excited, it's new, it works, looks good but when you sometimes have to wait 10 seconds to take a photo or send a message the novelty wears off. The ace2 and Gb are a perfect fit. I think to run jb well you need 1gb ram and a 4.3 inch screen. I'll try official upgrade but was not impressed after several weeks with Tmn version.